Using KMail 1.9.4 under KDE 3.5.4 on Mandriva 'free' 2007, I have no
problems sending via the usual SMTP 'default' server.

However, as a backup in cases of problems with dial-up to usual ISP, I
have a second SMTP server defined.

The problem is that - after making the 2nd SMTP server the 'default' -
KMail still uses the other server [causing the Send to fail (as usual SMTP
server will only accept Sends when I'm connected to that ISP)].

I've Googled Groups but cannot find any report of this.

Can anyone here throw some light on this, please?

--
Maurice Batey