Hard disk boot problem - Setup

This is a discussion on Hard disk boot problem - Setup ; Hello all, Got a 8GB HDD C:\ and a 20GB HDD D:\ The 8 GB hdd has Win98 and RedHat 8 The 20GB hdd has Win2K Wish to erase the win98 part and use the 8GB completely for Linux. Have ...

  1. Hard disk boot problem

    Hello all,
    Got a 8GB HDD C:\ and a 20GB HDD D:\
    The 8 GB hdd has Win98 and RedHat 8
    The 20GB hdd has Win2K
    Wish to erase the win98 part and use the 8GB completely for Linux.
    Have the bootable installables for Fedora Core 4 in 3 cds.
    Currently the computer boots up based on GRUB that detects DOS and
    Linux
    Later the focus is shifted to the Windows boot manager which gives the
    option between Windows 98 and Windows 2000

    Can anyone guide me to carry out Fedora Core installation on my 8GB
    hdd
    without losing the bootability to Windows 2000??
    Tried booting thru D:\ from the BIOS but Windows 2K did not boot. Any
    pointers here??

    Thanks in advance,
    Padmanab Sridhar R.

  2. Re: Hard disk boot problem

    On May 12, 4:09 pm, padmanabsridh...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > Got a 8GB HDD C:\ and a 20GB HDD D:\
    > The 8 GB hdd has Win98 and RedHat 8
    > The 20GB hdd has Win2K
    > Wish to erase the win98 part and use the 8GB completely for Linux.
    > Have the bootable installables for Fedora Core 4 in 3 cds.
    > Currently the computer boots up based on GRUB that detects DOS and
    > Linux
    > Later the focus is shifted to the Windows boot manager which gives the
    > option between Windows 98 and Windows 2000
    >
    > Can anyone guide me to carry out Fedora Core installation on my 8GB
    > hdd
    > without losing the bootability to Windows 2000??
    > Tried booting thru D:\ from the BIOS but Windows 2K did not boot. Any
    > pointers here??
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Padmanab Sridhar R.

    if you did a little search on google you wont post your question in
    here.

    zaher el siddik
    http://elsiddik.googlepages.com/

+ Reply to Thread