Windows on second drive - Setup

This is a discussion on Windows on second drive - Setup ; Hello Everyone, I have an older system that I have W98SE and Mandrake 9.1 installed. I added another hard drive and installed WXP on it while it was jumpered as master. Then I put the drive back to slave drive ...

  1. Windows on second drive

    Hello Everyone,

    I have an older system that I have W98SE and Mandrake 9.1 installed.
    I added another hard drive and installed WXP on it while it was jumpered as
    master. Then I put the drive back to slave drive and added another entry to
    the menu.lst of the grub bootloader. WXP loads, except it needs a return
    from the keyboard. All the lines from the menu are displayed at startup, but
    before booting starts, it needs that extra return. If I remember correctly,
    the lines are rootnoverify (hd1,0), makeactive, and chainloader +1.
    So why is the return needed? Can you run WXP from the second drive?

    Thanks, Peter

  2. Re: Windows on second drive

    On May 12, 1:26 am, "Peter Orban" wrote:
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I have an older system that I have W98SE and Mandrake 9.1 installed.
    > I added another hard drive and installed WXP on it while it was jumpered as
    > master. Then I put the drive back to slave drive and added another entry to
    > the menu.lst of the grub bootloader. WXP loads, except it needs a return
    > from the keyboard. All the lines from the menu are displayed at startup, but
    > before booting starts, it needs that extra return. If I remember correctly,
    > the lines are rootnoverify (hd1,0), makeactive, and chainloader +1.
    > So why is the return needed? Can you run WXP from the second drive?
    >
    > Thanks, Peter

    can you past in here your complete Grub configuration file?
    without pasting it, its hard to understand whats going on.

    zaher el siddik
    http://elsiddik.googlepages.com/

+ Reply to Thread