Hi,
Please guide me regarding some doubts on calculating the BDP

I am using the following formula,

BDP = bandwidth * RTT
= 100 mbs * 67 ms
= 13107200 byte * .067 sec
= 878182.4 bytes/sec
= 857.6 KBytes
= 860 KBytes approx

Based on that , I have done the following changes.

sysctl -w net.core.ipv4.rmem = 4096 87380 878182
sysctl -w net.core.ipv4.wmem = 4096 87380 878182

sysctl -w net.core.wmem_max = 878182
sysctl -w net.core.rmem_max = 878182

Is the following are corrects. After doing these settings , I am
receiving a transfer rate of 70 mbs using iperf , a TCP and UDP
performance measurement tool. But if i double
the value of BDP i.e if I use 1600 Kbytes of BDP , then I am
reaching the bandwidth
of 97 mbs .
My question is . is it O.K to assign a greater value (as twice
as ) , then the calculated
BDP . Or the RFCs does not allow this.

Also another doubt which bandwidth we should consider.