how to achieve high speed rate in file transfer - Setup

This is a discussion on how to achieve high speed rate in file transfer - Setup ; Hi, Can anybody please help me regarding any tool that is suitable for high speed data transfer. I am doing some FTP file transfer on 100 mbs links on both sides. The FTP transfer is just occuring at the rate ...

  1. how to achieve high speed rate in file transfer

    Hi,
    Can anybody please help me regarding any tool that is suitable for
    high speed data
    transfer.
    I am doing some FTP file transfer on 100 mbs links on both sides.
    The FTP transfer is just
    occuring at the rate of 10 mbs . I have done the necessary tuning
    for the TCP window size.
    There is no other traffic , so it is expected that I should receive
    transfer rate of more than
    80mbs per second. So is there is any tool that is suitable for high
    speed data transfer.

  2. Re: how to achieve high speed rate in file transfer

    query.cdac@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Can anybody please help me regarding any tool that is suitable for
    > high speed data
    > transfer.
    > I am doing some FTP file transfer on 100 mbs links on both sides.

    Is there anything besides a cable between the two ethernet cards? A router
    perhaps? Don't say that is a problem but something more to look at as the
    possible bottleneck.

    > The FTP transfer is just
    > occuring at the rate of 10 mbs . I have done the necessary tuning
    > for the TCP window size.

    Did someone put a throttle on the FTP rate to the outside world? It has to be
    shut off. I have gotten feeds more like you expect when I had an old 10MB card
    in one machine.

    > There is no other traffic , so it is expected that I should receive
    > transfer rate of more than
    > 80mbs per second. So is there is any tool that is suitable for high
    > speed data transfer.

    I don't know but I would expect a more primitive protocol to be faster so you
    might try rcp.

    --
    Will the Iraq surge be remembered along with WWI attempts to break through
    the western front?

  3. Re: how to achieve high speed rate in file transfer

    Matt Giwer wrote:
    > query.cdac@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> Can anybody please help me regarding any tool that is suitable for
    >> high speed data
    >> transfer.
    >> I am doing some FTP file transfer on 100 mbs links on both sides.

    > Is there anything besides a cable between the two ethernet cards? A
    > router perhaps? Don't say that is a problem but something more to look
    > at as the possible bottleneck.
    >
    >> The FTP transfer is just
    >> occuring at the rate of 10 mbs . I have done the necessary tuning
    >> for the TCP window size.

    > Did someone put a throttle on the FTP rate to the outside world? It
    > has to be shut off. I have gotten feeds more like you expect when I had
    > an old 10MB card in one machine.
    >
    >> There is no other traffic , so it is expected that I should receive
    >> transfer rate of more than
    >> 80mbs per second. So is there is any tool that is suitable for high
    >> speed data transfer.

    > I don't know but I would expect a more primitive protocol to be
    > faster so you might try rcp.

    I would have said FTP is as primitive as it gets actyally.

    I m wondering if the 100MBps link really is what it says it is, or if
    its dropped back to 10Mbps for some reason.

    Or if the OP is confusing 100Mbps with 100mega Bytes oper second.

    i.e. a transfer rate of 10Mbytes/sec is about right for a 100Mbps line,
    with framing overheads etc.

+ Reply to Thread