COmmand showing RAM images and their sizes???? - Setup

This is a discussion on COmmand showing RAM images and their sizes???? - Setup ; Hi everybody ! Does anyone help me? I'm searching a command to show memory content. I would like to know something more that what free shows. Does it exist a way to know what is loaded into memory and its ...

  1. COmmand showing RAM images and their sizes????

    Hi everybody ! Does anyone help me? I'm searching a command to show
    memory content. I would like to know something more that what free
    shows. Does it exist a way to know what is loaded into memory and its
    size? Thanks Claudia

  2. Re: COmmand showing RAM images and their sizes????

    On Apr 20, 5:16 pm, cla14ago wrote:
    > Hi everybody ! Does anyone help me? I'm searching a command to show
    > memory content. I would like to know something more that what free
    > shows. Does it exist a way to know what is loaded into memory and its
    > size? Thanks Claudia

    use
    - top command
    - dmesg | grep mem
    - dmesg | less

    cheers,
    zaher el siddik
    http://elsiddik.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: COmmand showing RAM images and their sizes????

    On Apr 20, 9:16 am, cla14ago wrote:
    > Hi everybody ! Does anyone help me? I'm searching a command to show
    > memory content. I would like to know something more that what free
    > shows. Does it exist a way to know what is loaded into memory and its
    > size? Thanks Claudia

    and possible too:
    - slabtop
    - vmstat
    - more /proc/meminfo

    Or do you probably mean commands like "od"(octaldump) or
    "hd" (hexdump)?

+ Reply to Thread