Hello there!

Just installed Debian Etch using netinstall cd method.

My problem is screen corruption every time logout (not restart or
reboot but logout to change user) from Gnome or KDE desktop.

Top of the screen will get corrupted and somewhat shifted down. Mouse
cursor will not be drawn on the screen but it is there. I know because
I can move the cursor around and get visual feedback such as tool
tips.

I can log in again into Gnome or KDE desktop, the screen will be
redrawn correctly but the mouse is still invisible.

Another question is. I have NVDIA chipset & VGA driver in cd from
motherboard manufacturer. Both driver is for linux but in a file with
*.pkg extension. How to run and install this drivers?

Thanks!!!