Redhat - Install packages from DVD disc after initial OS installation - Setup

This is a discussion on Redhat - Install packages from DVD disc after initial OS installation - Setup ; Hi, After installing Fedora 6 or CentOS 5 from a DVD disc, I often want to install additional packages from the DVD disc later. As far as I know, Yum or software updater always goes to the Internet to retrieve ...

  1. Redhat - Install packages from DVD disc after initial OS installation

    Hi,

    After installing Fedora 6 or CentOS 5 from a DVD disc, I often want to
    install additional packages from the DVD disc later. As far as I know,
    Yum or software updater always goes to the Internet to retrieve
    packages I need. I would prefer to have a way for the YUM or "software
    updater" to obtain packages from my DVD. Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Redhat - Install packages from DVD disc after initial OS installation

    On Apr 18, 11:18 am, lalala00066...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > After installing Fedora 6 or CentOS 5 from a DVD disc, I often want to
    > install additional packages from the DVD disc later. As far as I know,
    > Yum or software updater always goes to the Internet to retrieve
    > packages I need. I would prefer to have a way for the YUM or "software
    > updater" to obtain packages from my DVD. Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,

    You must modify the yum configuration to point at the local media/
    you must su before modifying.

    comment out the baseurl=file:///your.cd.room.mount.partition
    to let this work you should also have your cdrom mounted properly.

    good luck;

    zaher el siddik
    http://elsiddik.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: Redhat - Install packages from DVD disc after initial OS installation

    On Apr 18, 11:18 am, lalala00066...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > After installing Fedora 6 or CentOS 5 from a DVD disc, I often want to
    > install additional packages from the DVD disc later. As far as I know,
    > Yum or software updater always goes to the Internet to retrieve
    > packages I need. I would prefer to have a way for the YUM or "software
    > updater" to obtain packages from my DVD. Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,

    You must modify the yum configuration to point at the local media/
    you must su before modifying.

    comment out the baseurl=file:///your.cd.room.mount.point
    to let this work you should also have your cdrom mounted properly.

    good luck;

    zaher el siddik
    http://elsiddik.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread