CentOS - Setup

This is a discussion on CentOS - Setup ; Is it possible to use the live CD to install locally?...

  1. CentOS

    Is it possible to use the live CD to install locally?

  2. Re: CentOS

    AF trolled:

    > Is it possible to use the live CD to install locally?

    A CentOS live CD? Hmmm... Really unexpected.

  3. Re: CentOS

    On Apr 16, 2:04 pm, F8BOE wrote:
    > AF trolled:
    >
    > > Is it possible to use the live CD to install locally?

    > ACentOSlive CD? Hmmm... Really unexpected.

    Ah, I was just looking to reuse the media I have rather than wait on a
    (slow ISP) download.

  4. Re: CentOS

    AF wrote:
    > On Apr 16, 2:04 pm, F8BOE wrote:
    >> AF trolled:
    >>
    >>> Is it possible to use the live CD to install locally?

    >> ACentOSlive CD? Hmmm... Really unexpected.

    > Ah, I was just looking to reuse the media I have rather than wait on a
    > (slow ISP) download.

    Using an infinite number of times for free is one of the main points of linux.

    --
    The war on terror can last for thirty years. Israel claims to have been
    fighting terrorism for 58 years and there is no end in sight.

  5. Re: CentOS

    On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, F8BOE wrote:

    > A CentOS live CD? Hmmm... Really unexpected.

    According to http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?is...070416&mode=28,
    item 60, a CentOS 5 live CD is being prepared.

    A live CD for CentOS 4 already exists:
    http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/ce...ay/012905.html

    --
    Yves Bellefeuille

  6. Re: CentOS

    AF wrote:

    > On Apr 16, 2:04 pm, F8BOE wrote:
    >> AF trolled:
    >>
    >> > Is it possible to use the live CD to install locally?

    >> ACentOSlive CD? Hmmm... Really unexpected.

    > Ah, I was just looking to reuse the media I have rather than wait on a
    > (slow ISP) download.

    It's always possible to install a live distro, but at your own risks.
    Especially when you don't master Linux. Update is mandatory and upgrade
    might be hard.

+ Reply to Thread