How to solve mount problem related to device mapper? - Setup

This is a discussion on How to solve mount problem related to device mapper? - Setup ; After installing Xen 3.0.3 on an Ubuntu Dapper system trying to mount partitions on the second hard disk /dev/sdb causes errors. The hard disk interface is SATA admin@ubuntu606m:~# mount /dev/sdb1 /backup1 mount: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or /backup1 busy Is there ...

  1. How to solve mount problem related to device mapper?

    After installing Xen 3.0.3 on an Ubuntu Dapper system trying to mount
    partitions on the second hard disk /dev/sdb causes errors. The hard
    disk interface is SATA

    admin@ubuntu606m:~# mount /dev/sdb1 /backup1
    mount: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or /backup1 busy

    Is there a way to find out what processes could be causing the
    problem?

    After googling a bit I discoved that the device mapper, dm_mod and
    some of its related modules could be the cause.

    Is there a way to find out if the modules are really needed and
    disable them if they are not?

    Frank Church

  2. Re: How to solve mount problem related to device mapper?

    voipfc wrote:

    > admin@ubuntu606m:~# mount /dev/sdb1 /backup1
    > mount: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or /backup1 busy

    try fuser -v /backup1 or fuser -v /dev/sdb1.

    HTH Martin

  3. Re: How to solve mount problem related to device mapper?

    On 14 Apr, 15:29, Martin Klar wrote:
    > voipfcwrote:
    >
    > > admin@ubuntu606m:~# mount /dev/sdb1 /backup1
    > > mount: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or /backup1 busy

    > try fuser -v /backup1 or fuser -v /dev/sdb1.
    >
    > HTH Martin

    There were no processes using them.

    I had to disable the dm-mod.ko module for the mounting to work.

    I will post to the xen mailing lists to see if it is a known problem

+ Reply to Thread