HELP : xine freezing on FC2 - Setup

This is a discussion on HELP : xine freezing on FC2 - Setup ; I had a perfectly working Fedora Core 2 on a machine that suddendly crashed. I replaced the broken machine with a new one, re-installed FC2, got all the needed packages for xine and lastly installed xine. All what had to ...

  1. HELP : xine freezing on FC2

    I had a perfectly working Fedora Core 2 on a machine
    that suddendly crashed. I replaced the broken machine
    with a new one, re-installed FC2, got all the needed
    packages for xine and lastly installed xine.
    All what had to be done seems to have been done,
    xine-check tells the same it tells on the laptop (another
    FC2, where xine still works ), but on the re-installed system
    now xine freezes as soon as it starts,
    with all of its windows open, including the logo.
    It does not respond to mouse clicks, nor to keyboard :
    no buttons working, no popup menus, nothing. It stays there
    without doing absolutely anything until I kill it with a
    CTRL-C or xkill. I can't find anything different from the
    FC2 where it works. The video card is a RV280 [Radeon 9200 PRO],
    using radeonfb as driver. Any idea ?

  2. Re: HELP : xine freezing on FC2

    I demand that daniele manghi may or may not have written...

    [snip]
    > Any idea ?

    Yes. Don't multipost - crosspost, and (if appropriate) set Followup-To to one
    of the groups listed in your Newsgroups header.

    | + Output less CO2 => avoid boiling weather. TIME IS RUNNING OUT *FAST*.

    thin client: n. one who has attended too many Weight Watchers sessions.

+ Reply to Thread