gcc 2.29 download? - Setup

This is a discussion on gcc 2.29 download? - Setup ; Hello, Where can i find rpms for gcc-2.29? i googled for it, but didnt find anything useful. i want to install gcc 2.29 on RHEL 2.1 AS update 2. thanks in advance, Harshal...

  1. gcc 2.29 download?

    Hello,
    Where can i find rpms for gcc-2.29? i googled for it, but
    didnt find anything useful. i want to install gcc 2.29 on RHEL 2.1 AS
    update 2.

    thanks in advance,

    Harshal

  2. Re: gcc 2.29 download?

    On 11 Apr, 19:33, "Harshal" wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Where can i find rpms for gcc-2.29? i googled for it, but
    > didnt find anything useful. i want to install gcc 2.29 on RHEL 2.1 AS
    > update 2.
    >
    > thanks in advance,
    >
    > Harshal

    http://rpm.pbone.net is your friend. But RHEL 2.1 is *way* out of date.

  3. Re: gcc 2.29 download?

    "Nico" writes:

    > On 11 Apr, 19:33, "Harshal" wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> Where can i find rpms for gcc-2.29? i googled for it, but
    >> didnt find anything useful. i want to install gcc 2.29 on RHEL 2.1 AS
    >> update 2.
    >>
    >> thanks in advance,
    >>
    >> Harshal

    > http://rpm.pbone.net is your friend. But RHEL 2.1 is *way* out of date.

    In addition, are you (the original poster) certain you want 2.29 and
    not 2.92? I've used gcc for years and don't recall ever using 2.29.
    I think I recall using 2.7.2 and 2.92, which I think we both fairly
    stable and long-lived releases. Thus, what you are looking for is
    suspect and that may be contributing to your not finding it.

  4. Re: gcc 2.29 download?

    On Apr 12, 2:08 am, Chris F Clark wrote:
    > "Nico" writes:
    > > On 11 Apr, 19:33, "Harshal" wrote:
    > >> Hello,
    > >> Where can i find rpms for gcc-2.29? i googled for it, but
    > >> didnt find anything useful. i want to install gcc 2.29 on RHEL 2.1 AS
    > >> update 2.

    > >> thanks in advance,

    > >> Harshal

    > >http://rpm.pbone.netis your friend. But RHEL 2.1 is *way* out of date.

    > In addition, are you (the original poster) certain you want 2.29 and
    > not 2.92? I've used gcc for years and don't recall ever using 2.29.
    > I think I recall using 2.7.2 and 2.92, which I think we both fairly
    > stable and long-lived releases. Thus, what you are looking for is
    > suspect and that may be contributing to your not finding it.

    i wanted 2.96 by mistake i typed and re-typed 2.29 (dont know
    why)

    thanks

  5. Re: gcc 2.29 download?

    I demand that Harshal may or may not have written...

    [snip]
    > i wanted 2.96 by mistake i typed and re-typed 2.29 (dont know why)

    Why the infamous Red Hat Special and not, say, 2.95.3 or 2.95.4?

    | + Lobby friends, family, business, government. WE'RE KILLING THE PLANET.

    The difficult we do today; the impossible takes a little longer.

+ Reply to Thread