installing mysql with yum from fedora (FC6) - Setup

This is a discussion on installing mysql with yum from fedora (FC6) - Setup ; as per http://stanton-finley.net/ fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html#MySQL> I tried: 'MySQL is available in Fedora Core 5. If you have not already done so go to Applications" > "Add/Remove Software", ' but, of course, this generated an error. So, am attempting from yum. Is ...

  1. installing mysql with yum from fedora (FC6)

    as per <http://stanton-finley.net/
    fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html#MySQL> I tried:

    'MySQL is available in Fedora Core 5. If you have not already done so
    go to Applications" > "Add/Remove Software", '

    but, of course, this generated an error. So, am attempting from yum.
    Is this typical for the add/remove software feature?

    Basically, just install:

    libdbl-dbd-mysql
    mod_auth_mysql
    mysql-bench
    mysql-connector-odbc
    mysql-devel
    MySQL-python
    mysql-server
    perl-DBD-MySQL
    php-mysql
    qt-MySQL
    nixODBC

    via yum?

    thanks,

    Thufir

  2. Re: installing mysql with yum from fedora (FC6)

    Not sure that I have *everything* mysql related installed, but enough:

    [root@localhost ~]#
    [root@localhost ~]# /etc/init.d/mysqld start
    Starting MySQL: [ OK ]
    [root@localhost ~]# mysql -u root
    Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MySQL connection id is 3 to server version: 5.0.27

    mysql> quit
    Bye
    [root@localhost ~]# date
    Wed Apr 11 08:55:02 BST 2007