This is beginning to bug me. x86 system, Gentoo, set up
the bridge more or less according to

I believe this setup is fairly recent, as I like to rsync
my systems on a weekly basis.

My /etc/conf.d/net:

brctl_br0=("setfd 0" "sethello 0" "stp off")
routes_br0=("default gw")

The QEMU tap/tun bridging actually works rather well,
but the problem is that when rebooting, the bridge and the
ethernet device like to trip over one another. Since I
attempt to mount NFS volumes from another box during the
boot, the mounts fail later on.

And yes, I have:

I've been fiddling with this and have yet to resolve it
satisfactorialy (obviously), but I also don't have any real
useful error messages other than the mounts failing with
"no route to host" or "network unreachable".

If I do

# /etc/init.d/net.eth0 stop
# /etc/init.d/net.br0 stop

# /etc/init.d/net.br0 start

then restart all of the servers that depend on the net, I'm OK, but
why do I have to do that, and how do I fix it?

It appears to have something to do with static IP addresses;
I have a similar configuration at work that does not have this problem,
since it uses DHCP (and the phantom machine in QEMU actually goes out
and retrieves a DHCP addy from our server).

Did I or the HOWTO miss something?

Useless C++ Programming Idea #12995733:
bool f(bool g, bool h) { if(g) h = true; else h = false; return h;}

Posted via a free Usenet account from