Replicating Grub - Setup

This is a discussion on Replicating Grub - Setup ; Hi there, I am learning Grub. Is it possible to tell Grub, once it is running, to replicate itself installing itself on a specific root dir, copying the root files from another root dir? E.g. I have it running from ...

  1. Replicating Grub

    Hi there, I am learning Grub.
    Is it possible to tell Grub, once it is running, to replicate itself
    installing itself on a specific root dir, copying the root files from
    another root dir?

    E.g. I have it running from hd0, having root in (hd0,1)/boot/grub. I
    want to tell it to install itself in (hd0,2) bootsector (this part I can
    do with root and setup commands) and copy the files from
    (hd0,1)/boot/grub to (hd0,2)/boot/grub (this part I don't know how to
    do). Is it possible with the internal shell?

    Another question
    When I edit a menu entry from within Grub running (key "e"), the entry
    can be used to boot but is not saved.... is there a way to save it and
    render the modification permanent?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Replicating Grub

    On Apr 1, 6:42 pm, Beta wrote:
    > Hi there, I am learning Grub.
    > Is it possible to tell Grub, once it is running, to replicate itself
    > installing itself on a specific root dir, copying the root files from
    > another root dir?
    >
    > E.g. I have it running from hd0, having root in (hd0,1)/boot/grub. I
    > want to tell it to install itself in (hd0,2) bootsector (this part I can
    > do with root and setup commands) and copy the files from
    > (hd0,1)/boot/grub to (hd0,2)/boot/grub (this part I don't know how to
    > do). Is it possible with the internal shell?
    >
    > Another question
    > When I edit a menu entry from within Grub running (key "e"), the entry
    > can be used to boot but is not saved.... is there a way to save it and
    > render the modification permanent?
    >
    > Thanks

    why dont you play around with /boot/grub/menu.lst

    theres alot to do tho,

    zaher el siddik

+ Reply to Thread