Fedora Core 7 Test 3 failure to Boot - Setup

This is a discussion on Fedora Core 7 Test 3 failure to Boot - Setup ; When I boot from the FC7 Test 3 Live CD with either regular or RAM booting options the Linux kernel is loaded, then vmlinuz then Ready. appears and the system hangs. I have tried linux=vesa as a boot option with ...

  1. Fedora Core 7 Test 3 failure to Boot

    When I boot from the FC7 Test 3 Live CD with either regular or RAM booting
    options the Linux kernel is loaded, then vmlinuz then
    Ready.
    appears and the system hangs. I have tried linux=vesa as a boot option with
    the same results. This is on a Dell e510 w/ 3.4 GHz P4 with SATA drives. I
    have tried turning them off in the BIOS with the same results. Any one have
    any ideas?

  2. Re: Fedora Core 7 Test 3 failure to Boot

    Keith wrote:

    > When I boot from the FC7 Test 3 Live CD with either regular or RAM
    > booting
    > options the Linux kernel is loaded, then vmlinuz then
    > Ready.
    > appears and the system hangs. I have tried linux=vesa as a boot option
    > with the same results. This is on a Dell e510 w/ 3.4 GHz P4 with SATA
    > drives. I have tried turning them off in the BIOS with the same results.
    > Any one have any ideas?

    try adding:

    all-generic-ide pci=nomsi pnpacpi=off pnpbios=off

    to the grub menu.lst on the kernel boot line.

    to test just add them to grub on boot by using the edit function

    --
    Dancin in the ruins tonight
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  3. Re: Fedora Core 7 Test 3 failure to Boot

    On 2007-03-30, Baho Utot wrote:
    > Keith wrote:
    >
    >> When I boot from the FC7 Test 3 Live CD with either regular or RAM
    >> booting
    >> options the Linux kernel is loaded, then vmlinuz then
    >> Ready.
    >> appears and the system hangs. I have tried linux=vesa as a boot option
    >> with the same results. This is on a Dell e510 w/ 3.4 GHz P4 with SATA
    >> drives. I have tried turning them off in the BIOS with the same results.
    >> Any one have any ideas?

    > try adding:
    >
    > all-generic-ide pci=nomsi pnpacpi=off pnpbios=off
    >
    > to the grub menu.lst on the kernel boot line.
    >
    > to test just add them to grub on boot by using the edit function

    Hi,
    I tried all of those and still just get a Ready. response when
    booting FC7 Test 3 Live CD.

  4. Re: Fedora Core 7 Test 3 failure to Boot

    On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:17:48 -0700, Keith wrote:

    > When I boot from the FC7 Test 3 Live CD with either regular or RAM booting
    >options the Linux kernel is loaded, then vmlinuz then
    >Ready.
    >appears and the system hangs. I have tried linux=vesa as a boot option with
    >the same results. This is on a Dell e510 w/ 3.4 GHz P4 with SATA drives. I
    >have tried turning them off in the BIOS with the same results. Any one have
    >any ideas?

    Make sure any SATA interfaces without any drives attached are disabled.

+ Reply to Thread