Intermittant Printer problem FC6 - Setup

This is a discussion on Intermittant Printer problem FC6 - Setup ; I just installed FC6 on my system and was able to get my HP Laserjet IIIp to print through a linksys printserver using ipp. However, when I print sometimes the job just sits there. If I print again then the ...

  1. Intermittant Printer problem FC6

    I just installed FC6 on my system and was able to get my HP Laserjet
    IIIp to print through a linksys printserver using ipp. However, when
    I print sometimes the job just sits there. If I print again then the
    jobs just backup in the queue. If I then lprm the first job in the
    queue the second one will print.

    this doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes.

    Any suggestions on what is going on and how to get things to work
    smoothly?

    Thanks,

    Dave

  2. Re: Intermittant Printer problem FC6

    Dave wrote:
    > I just installed FC6 on my system and was able to get my HP Laserjet
    > IIIp to print through a linksys printserver using ipp. However, when
    > I print sometimes the job just sits there. If I print again then the
    > jobs just backup in the queue. If I then lprm the first job in the
    > queue the second one will print.
    >
    > this doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes.
    >
    > Any suggestions on what is going on and how to get things to work
    > smoothly?

    Whenever I have had this, its generally been due to not adding an ESC E
    to the end of the print job..that clears down the printer ready to
    accept new jobs.

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dave

+ Reply to Thread