WLan Setup Problems - Setup

This is a discussion on WLan Setup Problems - Setup ; Hi, I have a Notebook Amilo M6453G with an Intel Pro Wireless 2200 BG adapter. Installed is OpenSuse 10.2 withe Kernel 2.6.18.2-34. In the network connection setup I see that the system loads the module IPW2000 and recognize the right ...

  1. WLan Setup Problems

    Hi,

    I have a Notebook Amilo M6453G with an Intel Pro Wireless 2200 BG
    adapter. Installed is OpenSuse 10.2 withe Kernel 2.6.18.2-34.

    In the network connection setup I see that the system loads the module
    IPW2000 and recognize the right network adapter.

    My problem is now that I don't get a connection to my AVM fritz WLAN
    Router. I use the same settings like WinXp where it works.

    Using iwconfig I get the message :

    lo: no wireless adapter
    eth0 : no wireless adapter

    Can someone help me please? What is wrong?

    Best regards
    André Betz

  2. Re: WLan Setup Problems

    Andre Betz wrote:

    > I have a Notebook Amilo M6453G with an Intel Pro Wireless 2200 BG
    > adapter. Installed is OpenSuse 10.2 withe Kernel 2.6.18.2-34.
    >
    > In the network connection setup I see that the system loads the module
    > IPW2000 and recognize the right network adapter.
    >
    > My problem is now that I don't get a connection to my AVM fritz WLAN
    > Router. I use the same settings like WinXp where it works.
    >
    > Using iwconfig I get the message :
    >
    > lo: no wireless adapter
    > eth0 : no wireless adapter
    >
    > Can someone help me please? What is wrong?

    Perhaps you could say "alias eth0 " in /etc/modprobe.conf ?
    Ps I am not an expert, and do not run Suse.

    --
    Timothy Murphy
    tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

  3. Re: WLan Setup Problems

    Andre Betz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Notebook Amilo M6453G with an Intel Pro Wireless 2200 BG
    > adapter. Installed is OpenSuse 10.2 withe Kernel 2.6.18.2-34.
    >
    > In the network connection setup I see that the system loads the module
    > IPW2000 and recognize the right network adapter.

    Did you also install the package ipw-firmware ? It's in the non-free part of
    the distribution.

  4. Re: WLan Setup Problems

    On 10 feb, 16:35, Andre Betz wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Notebook Amilo M6453G with an Intel Pro Wireless 2200 BG
    > adapter. Installed is OpenSuse 10.2 withe Kernel 2.6.18.2-34.
    >
    > In the network connection setup I see that the system loads the module
    > IPW2000 and recognize the right network adapter.
    >
    > My problem is now that I don't get a connection to my AVM fritz WLAN
    > Router. I use the same settings like WinXp where it works.
    >
    > Using iwconfig I get the message :
    >
    > lo: no wireless adapter
    > eth0 : no wireless adapter
    >
    > Can someone help me please? What is wrong?
    >
    > Best regards
    > André Betz

    Seems to me the instance of your wireless driver is not loaded, or the
    driver is not loaded at all.
    lo en eth0 are never wireless devices.
    try bringing it "up" with iwconfig up

+ Reply to Thread