lilo problem:how can I increase the waiting time - Setup

This is a discussion on lilo problem:how can I increase the waiting time - Setup ; I installed slackware in my comp installation is complete.but lilo is not working properly system is not allowing me to write os name before entering in to linux I have to change the option in bios "first boot device=cdrom" If ...

  1. lilo problem:how can I increase the waiting time

    I installed slackware in my comp
    installation is complete.but lilo is not working properly
    system is not allowing me to write os name
    before entering in to linux I have to change the option in bios
    "first boot device=cdrom"
    If i put any CD inside cdrom and start it will wait for few minutes.
    Then i can enter os name
    otherwise
    default os win98 will boot

  2. Re: lilo problem:how can I increase the waiting time

    On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, vim wrote:

    > I installed slackware in my comp
    > installation is complete.but lilo is not working properly
    > system is not allowing me to write os name
    > before entering in to linux I have to change the option in bios
    > "first boot device=cdrom"
    > If i put any CD inside cdrom and start it will wait for few minutes.
    > Then i can enter os name
    > otherwise
    > default os win98 will boot

    Look at the file /etc/lilo.conf. Modify the value in "timeout=" (or add
    the line if it isn't there). The value is in tenths of a second, so
    "timeout=100" gives you ten seconds. Then run, as root,
    "/sbin/lilo -C /etc/lilo.conf".

    --
    Yves Bellefeuille

  3. Re: lilo problem:how can I increase the waiting time

    On 10 Feb 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.setup, in article
    <1171114718.695073.33230@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.co m>, vim wrote:

    >I installed slackware in my comp
    >installation is complete.but lilo is not working properly
    >system is not allowing me to write os name
    >before entering in to linux

    [compton ~]$ whatis lilo
    lilo (8) - install boot loader
    lilo.conf [lilo] (5) - configuration file for lilo
    [compton ~]$

    man lilo.conf

    delay=tsecs
    Specifies the number of tenths of a second the boot loader
    should wait before booting the first image. This is useful
    on systems that immediately boot from the hard disk after
    enabling the keyboard. The boot loader doesn't wait if
    `delay' is omitted or is set to zero.

    SEE ALSO
    lilo(8), rdev(8).
    The lilo distribution comes with very extensive documentation of
    which the above is an extract.

    Don't forget to run /sbin/lilo to put the changes into effect.

    Old guy

+ Reply to Thread