"No init found " when boot up. - Setup

This is a discussion on "No init found " when boot up. - Setup ; Hi I get error "No init found " when boot up. I'm sure I have /sbin/init. because I got above message , I copied /sbin/int to /bin/init. and also copied it to /etc/init And I have /bin/sh... But I don't ...

  1. "No init found " when boot up.

    Hi
    I get error "No init found " when boot up.
    I'm sure I have /sbin/init.

    because I got above message , I copied /sbin/int to /bin/init.
    and also copied it to /etc/init

    And I have /bin/sh...

    But I don't why I got "No init found" error?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: "No init found " when boot up.

    kerneloops wrote:
    > Hi
    > I get error "No init found " when boot up.
    > I'm sure I have /sbin/init.
    >
    > because I got above message , I copied /sbin/int to /bin/init.
    > and also copied it to /etc/init
    >
    > And I have /bin/sh...
    >
    > But I don't why I got "No init found" error?

    What else does it complain before the 'No init found'?

    Maybe root filesystem mounting failure?

    Which version of kernel?

    Did you compile it yourself?

    --

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio (at) iki fi

  3. Re: "No init found " when boot up.

    kerneloops wrote:

    > Hi
    > I get error "No init found " when boot up.
    > I'm sure I have /sbin/init.
    >
    > because I got above message , I copied /sbin/int to /bin/init.
    > and also copied it to /etc/init
    >
    > And I have /bin/sh...
    >

    > But I don't why I got "No init found" error?
    >

    > Thanks.

    Do you have a /etc/inittab ?

    --
    Dancin in the ruins tonight