Hi all,
I need to install bootsplash on Fedora Core 6.
I read all from bootsplash org site.

1) I downloaded a theme
2) I applied the patch to my 2.6.19.2 kernel
3) I modified kernel config, recompiled and installed it
4) I modified grub.conf adding:
title bootsplash
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz ro quiet root=/dev/VolGroup00/
LogVol00 video=vesafb:1024x768-16#70 vga=791
initrd /boot/initrd.splash
5) I created ramdisk with
mkinitrd /boot/initrd.splash
splash /etc/bootsplash/themes/mytheme/config/config....
>> /boot/initrd.splash

When PC boots up I can see bootsplash but I have a kernel panic
because of:

grow_buffers: requested out-of-range block .... for device ram0
No filesystem could mount root, tried ext2 iso9660
kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on
unknown_block(0,0)

??? What happens???

I think that after loading ramdisk grub can't pass a valid option to
kernel to load the fs. But the same kernel row in grub is working
without ramdisk!

Please help!