    and located?

    thank you

  2. Re: Apache configuration file check httpd.conf

    On 2007-02-06, Phally wrote:
    > How can I run any command to check where is the httpd.conf file runs
    > and located?

    httpd -V should tell you where he thinks it is.
    httpd -t will check basic functionalities

    Davide

    --
    If you tell them, they never listen. If they listen, they never learn.
    If they learn, they never remember. If they remember, they never obey.

  3. Re: Apache configuration file check httpd.conf

    On 7 Feb, 12:53, Davide Bianchi wrote:
    > On 2007-02-06, Phally wrote:
    >
    > > How can I run any command to check where is the httpd.conf file runs
    > > and located?

    > httpd -V should tell you where he thinks it is.
    > httpd -t will check basic functionalities
    >
    > Davide

    And for programs that are not as well written as httpd, you can check
    the init scripts in /etc/init.d to see if they use different
    configuration files set manually. (Nagios does this). And you can run
    "strings /usr/sbin/httpd" to see what strings are in the program
    itself, and you can find whatever options it is started with and use
    "strace httpd [options]" to see what really gets opened.

    There are lots of tools: never be scared of learning the other
    techniques: that way you know them when the first one doesn't work.

+ Reply to Thread