Ubuntu 6.10 installation on secondary IDE freeze - Setup

This is a discussion on Ubuntu 6.10 installation on secondary IDE freeze - Setup ; Hi all, I'm trying to install Ubuntu 6.10 on my PC where I have: - boot CD is slave on primary IDE - HDD (where I like to have Ubuntu) is master on secondary IDE Installation or Live Boot CD ...

  1. Ubuntu 6.10 installation on secondary IDE freeze

    Hi all,
    I'm trying to install Ubuntu 6.10 on my PC where I have:
    - boot CD is slave on primary IDE
    - HDD (where I like to have Ubuntu) is master on secondary IDE

    Installation or Live Boot CD freezes at the beginning of the start
    (I see the progress bar blocked).

    I tried to have HDD as master on primary IDE and all worked good...
    but this was only a test. I need to have Ubuntu on secondary IDE.

    Is a Ubuntu bug?
    Is there any solution?

  2. Re: Ubuntu 6.10 installation on secondary IDE freeze

    FabX wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I'm trying to install Ubuntu 6.10 on my PC where I have:
    > - boot CD is slave on primary IDE
    > - HDD (where I like to have Ubuntu) is master on secondary IDE
    >
    > Installation or Live Boot CD freezes at the beginning of the start
    > (I see the progress bar blocked).
    >

    > I tried to have HDD as master on primary IDE and all worked good...
    > but this was only a test. I need to have Ubuntu on secondary IDE.
    >

    > Is a Ubuntu bug?
    > Is there any solution?

    Do you have anything connected as master on your primary IDE?
    You shouldn't connect a CD as slave when there is no master.

+ Reply to Thread