Re: Why cant kernel 2.4 detect my mouse ? - Setup

This is a discussion on Re: Why cant kernel 2.4 detect my mouse ? - Setup ; On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 15:28:31 +0100, "J.O. Aho" wrote: >Shadow wrote: > >> But cant get it to work under ANY kernel 2.4 distrib. Just tried >> Slackware 11, no good at all. Recompiled the kernel, marked ALL mouse ...

  1. Re: Why cant kernel 2.4 detect my mouse ?

    wrote:

    >Shadow wrote:
    >
    >> But cant get it to work under ANY kernel 2.4 distrib. Just tried
    >> Slackware 11, no good at all. Recompiled the kernel, marked ALL mouse
    >> options, still nothing. Not a single mention in dmesg, not even a
    >> "failed"

    >What about update gpm?

    Its not gpm's fault. I'm using the latest version. The kernel
    simply does not see the mouse.
    >What about upgrade to an up to date distro that uses 2.6 kernel?

    I like the 2.4 kernel. I'm past learning all the new
    nomenclature, modules etc just to install a mouse.
    And I am using the most up-to-date distro. Slackware 11.
    And why on earth does windows98 instantly recognize the
    mouse(what I'm using now), and linux, which is 7 years more recent,
    cannot ?

    >> Crossposting as the slackware pple are notoriously user-unfriendly.

    >This hasn't been cross posted, only posted at alt.linux, you may have instead
    >done the bad thing of multiposting.

    Oh Dear. I crossposted AND multiposted. (corrected now).And
    got no replies from the slackware group. I was right there.
    Windows = you have to pay for support
    Linux = A very large community gives you instant support and
    help (bull^*&^*&^)

    > //Aho

  2. Re: Why cant kernel 2.4 detect my mouse ?

    Shadow wrote:

    > And why on earth does windows98 instantly recognize the
    > mouse(what I'm using now), and linux, which is 7 years more recent,
    > cannot ?

    It can. The problem is simple. You're a moron.

    >>> Crossposting as the slackware pple are notoriously user-unfriendly.

    > Oh Dear. I crossposted AND multiposted. (corrected now).

    As I said above ...

    > And got no replies from the slackware group. I was right there.

    You got exactly the replies you wanted and deserved. Some of them actually
    offered you help (which you ignored) before telling you to **** off.

    > Windows = you have to pay for support
    > Linux = A very large community gives you instant support and
    > help (bull^*&^*&^)

    Sad for you, but nobody likes an asshole. Suggest you return to Windows 98
    and try to pay MS for support.

    Clueless ****.

    That said, would you mind helping me figure out why I can't get a Windows 95
    driver for my bluetooth keyboard?

    --
    Old Man

    "I could be wrong again
    I remember once in August 1993
    I was wrong, and I could be wrong again" - Paul Simon

+ Reply to Thread