Debian Powerpc installed on partition too small to add desktop environment - Setup

This is a discussion on Debian Powerpc installed on partition too small to add desktop environment - Setup ; Hi There, I have successfully installed debian powerpc onto my 9600/350 powerMac but the partition I created is only 800mb so I cannot install the desktop environment. Is it possible to move some of the current install to other partitions ...

  1. Debian Powerpc installed on partition too small to add desktop environment

    Hi There,

    I have successfully installed debian powerpc onto my 9600/350 powerMac but
    the partition I created is only 800mb so I cannot install the desktop
    environment.

    Is it possible to move some of the current install to other partitions
    without having to start from scratch?

    I no longer have Mac OS 8.5 on this machine that is how I managed to install
    Debian using BootX from the Mac OS.

    Can't seem to find any reference to this problem on the web.

  2. Re: Debian Powerpc installed on partition too small to add desktop environment

    In article ,
    Grant Harding wrote:
    > Hi There,
    >
    > I have successfully installed debian powerpc onto my 9600/350 powerMac but
    > the partition I created is only 800mb so I cannot install the desktop
    > environment.
    >
    > Is it possible to move some of the current install to other partitions
    > without having to start from scratch?

    Moving the guts of the partition is the same as it is on any other
    Linux, and AFAIK on any other Un*x -- make a bigger partition using e.g.
    fdisk, mount it somewhere, and copy everything to it using e.g. tar
    (preferably when running from other devices). You probably would need
    to clean up a few things, starting with /etc/fstab. The only difference
    would be in getting a boot sector installed. That I don't know how to
    do.

    --
    -eben QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP royalty.no-ip.org:81
    A. A Top Poster \ http://www.fscked.co.uk/