Download FC - Setup

This is a discussion on Download FC - Setup ; Hi: My again! I have checked FC download and find "torrent" is recommended! I open tracker for FP ( http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ ) and there are a lot of files - do I have to download them all? I want to burn ...

  1. Download FC

    Hi:

    My again! I have checked FC download and find "torrent" is recommended!
    I open tracker for FP (http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/) and there are
    a lot of files - do I have to download them all? I want to burn them in
    a DVD , but most of them are over 3GB! I do not think the system is
    this big.....The installation does not explain it very well!

    Which one should I burn to DVD - Fedora Core 6 Zod binary CD iso images
    for i386 only, or all of them???

    Thank you so much!

    Fei

  2. Re: Download FC

    Fei wrote:
    > My again! I have checked FC download and find "torrent" is recommended!
    > I open tracker for FP (http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/) and there are
    > a lot of files - do I have to download them all? I want to burn them in
    > a DVD , but most of them are over 3GB! I do not think the system is
    > this big.....The installation does not explain it very well!

    The names and descriptions are pretty obvious. Files with "dvd" in them
    are dvd images. Others are cd images. If that's too confusing, the
    descriptions say "dvd images" or "cd images."

    > Which one should I burn to DVD - Fedora Core 6 Zod binary CD iso images
    > for i386 only, or all of them???

    For the i386 binary dvd images, you would get the i386 binary dvd
    images, not the i386 cd images. And, yes, it is over 3GB or data.

  3. Re: Download FC

    Fei wrote:

    > My again! I have checked FC download and find "torrent" is recommended!
    > I open tracker for FP (http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/) and there are
    > a lot of files - do I have to download them all? I want to burn them in
    > a DVD , but most of them are over 3GB! I do not think the system is
    > this big.....The installation does not explain it very well!

    > Which one should I burn to DVD - Fedora Core 6 Zod binary CD iso images
    > for i386 only, or all of them???

    FC6-i368-DVD.iso is 3.3G which is fine for a standard DVD. You do not need or
    want the source disk. You might want to pick up the rescue disk but it won't be
    able to figure out how to use it for a few months so there is no hurry getting it.

    --
    Is George Bush an idiot? No. He just plays one on TV.
    -- The Iron webmaster, 3716

  4. Re: Download FC

    "Fei" wrote in message
    news:1163987839.430738.224760@h54g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi:
    >
    > My again! I have checked FC download and find "torrent" is recommended!
    > I open tracker for FP (http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/) and there are
    > a lot of files - do I have to download them all? I want to burn them in
    > a DVD , but most of them are over 3GB! I do not think the system is
    > this big.....The installation does not explain it very well!
    >
    > Which one should I burn to DVD - Fedora Core 6 Zod binary CD iso images
    > for i386 only, or all of them???
    >
    > Thank you so much!
    >
    > Fei

    DVD iso images can get as big as 8.4G. If you are on a Windows machine
    and using FAT32, the file size limit is 4G.

    later.....

+ Reply to Thread