Setting up a blog server? - Setup

This is a discussion on Setting up a blog server? - Setup ; Hello, I would like to setup a blog server. I am sort of proficient at using Linux systems (I won't call myself an expert or kernel programmer etc). What tools do I need to setup a decent blog server? Thank ...

  1. Setting up a blog server?

    Hello,

    I would like to setup a blog server. I am sort of proficient at using
    Linux systems (I won't call myself an expert or kernel programmer etc).
    What tools do I need to setup a decent blog server?

    Thank you in advance for any information, advice and pointer to help me
    get started.

    NJ

  2. Re: Setting up a blog server?

    In comp.os.linux.setup Neil Jones :
    > Hello,

    > I would like to setup a blog server. I am sort of proficient at using

    Seems I just answered your question in colm, would be great if
    you could stop multi-posting your questions to several ngs,
    cross-post if you think it is needed. If unsure what all the fuzz
    is about, be my guest just scroll down a bit and check our new
    reader FAQ.

    "A new reader? Welcome to comp.os.linux.setup, read this first if
    you're new here (FAQ)"

    Welcome to the group

    [..]
    #bofh excuse 70: nesting roaches shorted out the ether cable

  3. Re: Setting up a blog server?

    On Nov 19, 2:47 pm, Neil Jones wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to setup a blog server. I am sort of proficient at using
    > Linux systems (I won't call myself an expert or kernel programmer etc).
    > What tools do I need to setup a decent blog server?

    I guess this is not a question I would expect in this group. But I
    think you need to search and read some articles on setting up LAMP
    (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP), with database and PHP support it is
    quite easy to install a blog server (e.g. wordpress, serendipity) on
    your web server.

    > Thank you in advance for any information, advice and pointer to help me
    > get started.
    >
    > NJ

+ Reply to Thread