Problem with grub - Setup

This is a discussion on Problem with grub - Setup ; I dont know much about linux I have a disk on which was instaled linux OS. I would like to use this disk for WIN 98. When I delete partitions (with win 98 fdisk) and format disk on fat (format ...

  1. Problem with grub

    I dont know much about linux
    I have a disk on which was instaled linux OS. I would like to use this disk
    for WIN 98. When I delete partitions (with win 98 fdisk) and format disk on
    fat (format c: /sys), disk cant start on win98 sistem or dos. It shows grub
    error. Please help, because I dont know where this grub is instaled and how
    to get rid of it.
    Thanks
    Tone

  2. Re: Problem with grub

    On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 06:55:00 +0100, A.M. wrote:
    > I dont know much about linux
    > I have a disk on which was instaled linux OS. I would like to use this disk
    > for WIN 98. When I delete partitions (with win 98 fdisk) and format disk on
    > fat (format c: /sys), disk cant start on win98 sistem or dos. It shows grub
    > error. Please help, because I dont know where this grub is instaled and how
    > to get rid of it.

    Well, if you have removed all partitions with linux, then install your
    windows boot loader in the mbr. Guessing the windows command would be

    fdisk /mbr

  3. Re: Problem with grub

    On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 00:15:17 -0600, Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 06:55:00 +0100, A.M. wrote:
    >> I dont know much about linux
    >> I have a disk on which was instaled linux OS. I would like to use this disk
    >> for WIN 98. When I delete partitions (with win 98 fdisk) and format disk on
    >> fat (format c: /sys), disk cant start on win98 sistem or dos. It shows grub
    >> error. Please help, because I dont know where this grub is instaled and how
    >> to get rid of it.

    > Well, if you have removed all partitions with linux, then install your
    > windows boot loader in the mbr. Guessing the windows command would be
    >
    > fdisk /mbr

    Good guess

    --
    Dancin' in the ruins tonight