Switch between desktops using keyboard? (KDE) - Setup

This is a discussion on Switch between desktops using keyboard? (KDE) - Setup ; Hi, I use multiple desktops in KDE (Suse 10.1). Is there a way to switch between desktop windows using the keyboard? I seem to remember doing that but can't find anything about it in the docs.... Thanks a lot in ...

  1. Switch between desktops using keyboard? (KDE)

    Hi, I use multiple desktops in KDE (Suse 10.1). Is there a way to
    switch between desktop windows using the keyboard? I seem to remember
    doing that but can't find anything about it in the docs....

    Thanks a lot in advance...

  2. Re: Switch between desktops using keyboard? (KDE)

    BillJosephson wrote:
    > Hi, I use multiple desktops in KDE (Suse 10.1). Is there a way to
    > switch between desktop windows using the keyboard? I seem to remember
    > doing that but can't find anything about it in the docs....
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance...

    Try CTRL+TAB.

  3. Re: Switch between desktops using keyboard? (KDE)

    billjosephson@hotmail.com wrote :

    > Is there a way to switch between desktop windows using the keyboard?

    Use the key plus the F-keys. + will take you to desktop
    no. 2.
    --
    Thomas O.

  4. Re: Switch between desktops using keyboard? (KDE)

    On 2006-11-11, BillJosephson wrote:
    > Hi, I use multiple desktops in KDE (Suse 10.1). Is there a way to
    > switch between desktop windows using the keyboard? I seem to remember
    > doing that but can't find anything about it in the docs....

    You can define any keys you like to do that. I use the numbers on
    the keypad.

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson, author |
    2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

  5. Re: Switch between desktops using keyboard? (KDE)

    Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
    > On 2006-11-11, BillJosephson wrote:
    > > Hi, I use multiple desktops in KDE (Suse 10.1). Is there a way to
    > > switch between desktop windows using the keyboard? I seem to remember
    > > doing that but can't find anything about it in the docs....

    > You can define any keys you like to do that. I use the numbers on
    > the keypad.

    Chirs, thanks! Can you help point me to info on how to do this?

    I found info about the ctrl-f1 etc method but have to shft my whole arm
    and look down to hit the funtion keys, throwing off my hand positions.
    It's incredible awkward. I want to set my own keys.

    Thanks a lot....

  6. Re: Switch between desktops using keyboard? (KDE)

    On 2006-11-11, BillJosephson wrote:

    > Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
    >> On 2006-11-11, BillJosephson wrote:
    >> > Hi, I use multiple desktops in KDE (Suse 10.1). Is there a way to
    >> > switch between desktop windows using the keyboard? I seem to remember
    >> > doing that but can't find anything about it in the docs....

    >> You can define any keys you like to do that. I use the numbers on
    >> the keypad.

    > Chirs, thanks! Can you help point me to info on how to do this?
    >
    > I found info about the ctrl-f1 etc method but have to shft my whole arm
    > and look down to hit the funtion keys, throwing off my hand positions.
    > It's incredible awkward. I want to set my own keys.

    I only tried KDE for a day or two, a couple of years ago, so I
    don't remember. I do remember that it only took a few moments of
    going through the menus to find it (keyboard shortcuts, perhaps?).

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson, author |
    2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

  7. Re: Switch between desktops using keyboard? (KDE)

    billjosephson@hotmail.com wrote :

    > I found info about the ctrl-f1 etc method but have to shft my whole arm
    > and look down to hit the funtion keys, throwing off my hand positions.
    > It's incredible awkward. I want to set my own keys.

    Start the "Control Center" and go to "Regional & Accessibility" |
    "Keyboard Shortcuts" and enter the "Shortcut Sequences" pane and set
    some custom keys for desktop switching.
    --
    Thomas O.

  8. Re: Switch between desktops using keyboard? (KDE)

    Thomas Overgaard wrote:
    > billjosephson@hotmail.com wrote :
    >
    > > I found info about the ctrl-f1 etc method but have to shft my whole arm
    > > and look down to hit the funtion keys, throwing off my hand positions.
    > > It's incredible awkward. I want to set my own keys.

    > Start the "Control Center" and go to "Regional & Accessibility" |
    > "Keyboard Shortcuts" and enter the "Shortcut Sequences" pane and set
    > some custom keys for desktop switching.
    > --
    > Thomas O.
    >
    > This area is designed to become quite warm during normal operation.

    Thanks much!

+ Reply to Thread