Automated linux install - Setup

This is a discussion on Automated linux install - Setup ; I need something to set 14 rack servers up and running with a minimal linux setup. The servers have all the same hardware configuration and i don't want any special customized option at a first time because i need to ...

  1. Automated linux install

    I need something to set 14 rack servers up and running with a minimal
    linux setup.
    The servers have all the same hardware configuration and i don't want
    any special customized option at a first time because i need to fine
    tune every machine depending on the services they are destined to.

    I would like to use Ubuntu server but this is not a mess.

    Can you guys suggest me any tool to accomplish this task?

    --
    Domenico Testa

  2. Re: Automated linux install

    On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 04:11:10 -0800, Domenico Testa wrote:

    > I need something to set 14 rack servers up and running with a minimal
    > linux setup.
    > The servers have all the same hardware configuration and i don't want
    > any special customized option at a first time because i need to fine
    > tune every machine depending on the services they are destined to.
    >
    > I would like to use Ubuntu server but this is not a mess.
    >
    > Can you guys suggest me any tool to accomplish this task?

    dd

    --
    Dancin' in the ruins tonight
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy