set default session to KDE ? - Setup

This is a discussion on set default session to KDE ? - Setup ; I have Centos 4 running. I want to run KDE as the session manager by default . ( Gnome s...cks, and Nautilus eats up all available RAM and won't give it back.) How do I set the default session manager ...

  1. set default session to KDE ?

    I have Centos 4 running.
    I want to run KDE as the session manager by default .
    ( Gnome s...cks, and Nautilus eats up all available RAM and won't
    give it back.)

    How do I set the default session manager KDE?
    ....Mitch

  2. Re: set default session to KDE ?

    I suppose you are using gdm?

    In my BSD box,

    > less /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/xsessions/XFce4.desktop

    [Desktop Entry]
    Name=XFce4
    Exec=/usr/X11R6/etc/gdm/Sessions/XFce4

    and

    > less /usr/X11R6/etc/gdm/Sessions/XFce4

    #!/bin/sh

    export LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8
    scim -d # chinese input method
    startxfce4 # script to start XFCE4 session manager and other stuff

    So maybe you can do similar things to KDE. Hope it is useful.

    On Nov 8, 3:51 pm, mitch wrote:
    > I have Centos 4 running.
    > I want to run KDE as the session manager by default .
    > ( Gnome s...cks, and Nautilus eats up all available RAM and won't
    > give it back.)
    >
    > How do I set the default session manager KDE?
    > ...Mitch

  3. Re: set default session to KDE ?

    In comp.os.linux.setup mitch :
    > I have Centos 4 running.
    > I want to run KDE as the session manager by default .
    > ( Gnome s...cks, and Nautilus eats up all available RAM and won't
    > give it back.)

    > How do I set the default session manager KDE?

    Fire up 'switchdesk-gnome' from the next xterm, make your choice.

    Good luck

    #bofh excuse 271: The kernel license has expired

+ Reply to Thread