Re: What do I need to conserve power on my old Linux box? - Setup

This is a discussion on Re: What do I need to conserve power on my old Linux box? - Setup ; Matt Giwer writes: > > A south facing wall anyplace gets a lot more than a "couple" hundred watts. ^^^^^^^^^^ > Walls have lots of square yards. > Not here in the Southern Hemisphere, it doesn't. Jack -- Once, they ...

  1. Re: What do I need to conserve power on my old Linux box?

    Matt Giwer writes:

    > A south facing wall anyplace gets a lot more than a "couple" hundred watts.

    ^^^^^^^^^^

    --
    Once, they feared you. Then they matched you. Now they are laughing
    at you. Soon they will ignore you. You have lost.

  2. Re: What do I need to conserve power on my old Linux box?

    Jack Strangio wrote:
    > Matt Giwer writes:
    >> A south facing wall anyplace gets a lot more than a "couple" hundred watts.

    > ^^^^^^^^^^

    >>Walls have lots of square yards.

    > Not here in the Southern Hemisphere, it doesn't.

    That Aussies drink so much beer they walk on the ceiling is not something I can
    explain.

    --
    If the gang rape and murder of an entire family had happened in Boulder,
    Colorado it would have been prime time news in the US for ten years. But it

  3. Re: What do I need to conserve power on my old Linux box?

    Jack Strangio wrote:
    > Matt Giwer writes:
    >
    >> A south facing wall anyplace gets a lot more than a "couple" hundred watts.

    > ^^^^^^^^^^

    >>Walls have lots of square yards.

    > Not here in the Southern Hemisphere, it doesn't.

    Is it my fault Aussies build the south sides of their houses on the wrong side?

    --
    Muslims do not hate Americans. Muslims hate neocons. So does everyone. I
    don't see a problem with that.

  4. Re: What do I need to conserve power on my old Linux box?

    On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 02:36:59 GMT, Matt Giwer wrote:
    > Jack Strangio wrote:
    >> Matt Giwer writes:
    >>
    >>> A south facing wall anyplace gets a lot more than a "couple" hundred watts.

    >> ^^^^^^^^^^
    >> Not here in the Southern Hemisphere, it doesn't.
    >>

    > Is it my fault Aussies build the south sides of their houses on the wrong side?

    There is a (possibly urban) legend about a housing project that was
    being built in California where the bulder had imported solar collectors
    from Australia to be installed on all the roof-tops. The sub-contractor
    faithfully followed the instructions to install the collectors on the
    "house's most northerly facing roof section."

    Jonesy
    --
    Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
    *** Killfiling google posts: