File manager? - Setup

This is a discussion on File manager? - Setup ; Where is the file manager in KDE 3.5.5? I know it is a stupid question but I need to know. thanks, charles.......

  1. File manager?

    Where is the file manager in KDE 3.5.5?
    I know it is a stupid question but I need to know.

    thanks,
    charles....

  2. Re: File manager?

    On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 23:35:46 GMT, ***** charles wrote:
    > Where is the file manager in KDE 3.5.5?
    > I know it is a stupid question but I need to know.

    I do not know about a KDE file manager, but if you want a gui
    application for file navigation/selection you might try
    konqueror.

  3. Re: File manager?

    ***** charles wrote:
    > Where is the file manager in KDE 3.5.5?
    > I know it is a stupid question but I need to know.
    >
    > thanks,
    > charles....

    Try looking in:System,
    then:More Applications,
    then:File Manager - Super User Mode

    --
    Leo (Bing) Whiteway in Kelowna, BC, Canada: Ham calls: VE7UW and VE7OKV
    A computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake without mustard.

  4. Re: File manager?

    On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 04:00:09 +0000, Leo wrote:

    > ***** charles wrote:
    >> Where is the file manager in KDE 3.5.5?
    >> I know it is a stupid question but I need to know.
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >> charles....
    >>

    > Try looking in:System,
    > then:More Applications,
    > then:File Manager - Super User Mode

    That gets you the root File Manager, not the user one.

    On my FC5 system the users file manager is not there, you have to launch
    konqueror and goto settings->load view file->file management.

    I have not found a way to lauch konqueror in file managemant mode from a
    "link to application" to set it myself on the desktop.

    --
    Dancin' in the ruins tonight
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  5. Re: File manager?

    On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 21:53:36 +0000, Baho Utot wrote:

    > On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 04:00:09 +0000, Leo wrote:
    >

    >> ***** charles wrote:
    >>> Where is the file manager in KDE 3.5.5?
    >>> I know it is a stupid question but I need to know.
    >>>
    >>> thanks,
    >>> charles....
    >>>

    >> Try looking in:System,
    >> then:More Applications,
    >> then:File Manager - Super User Mode

    > That gets you the root File Manager, not the user one.
    >
    > On my FC5 system the users file manager is not there, you have to launch
    > konqueror and goto settings->load view file->file management.
    >
    > I have not found a way to lauch konqueror in file managemant mode from a
    > "link to application" to set it myself on the desktop.

    Click on the "Home" icon, (the little house). If for some reason you've
    deleted that icon, create a new one by right clicking on the desktop,
    select Create New -> Link To Application. In the dialog box on the
    "General" tab enter "Home", (without the quotes) and on the "Application"
    tab, in the "Command" box, enter either "konqueror ~" or "kfmclient
    openProfile filemanagement". Back on the "General" tab, click the icon
    button, to change the icon, and choose the icon "kfm_home", and click the
    "OK" button.

    --
    imotgm
    "Lost? Lost? I've never been lost... Been a tad confused for a

+ Reply to Thread