fc5 installation problem - Setup

This is a discussion on fc5 installation problem - Setup ; hi, i had installed fedora core 5 on machine which has Intel(R) core (TM) 2 cpu 6300 @ 1.86 GHz processor. The installation of fedora core 5 is successfully done but after rebooting the machine at login screen keyboard and ...

  1. fc5 installation problem

    hi,

    i had installed fedora core 5 on machine which has Intel(R) core
    (TM) 2 cpu 6300 @ 1.86 GHz processor. The installation of fedora core 5
    is successfully done but after rebooting the machine at login screen
    keyboard and mouse are not responding. Is it installation problem? Is
    fedora core 5 supports this intel processore?

    thank you in advance,

  2. Re: fc5 installation problem

    In comp.os.linux.setup helpme :
    > hi,

    > i had installed fedora core 5 on machine which has Intel(R) core
    > (TM) 2 cpu 6300 @ 1.86 GHz processor. The installation of fedora core 5
    > is successfully done but after rebooting the machine at login screen
    > keyboard and mouse are not responding. Is it installation problem? Is
    > fedora core 5 supports this intel processore?

    Presuming you have a dhcp server or lan is already configured,
    I'd just login via ssh and run 'yum -y update' at first, reboot
    and see if this helps?

    Good luck

    BTW
    In the mean time FC6 is out (AFAIK)?

    #bofh excuse 87: Password is too complex to decrypt

  3. Re: fc5 installation problem

    Michael Heiming wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.setup helpme :
    >> hi,

    >> i had installed fedora core 5 on machine which has Intel(R) core
    >> (TM) 2 cpu 6300 @ 1.86 GHz processor. The installation of fedora core 5
    >> is successfully done but after rebooting the machine at login screen
    >> keyboard and mouse are not responding. Is it installation problem? Is
    >> fedora core 5 supports this intel processore?

    > Presuming you have a dhcp server or lan is already configured,
    > I'd just login via ssh and run 'yum -y update' at first, reboot
    > and see if this helps?
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > BTW
    > In the mean time FC6 is out (AFAIK)?

    Yes, I have seen the announcements. In answer to the OP's questions, it
    shouldn't be a problem of having the wrong processor. Mandriva has a
    hardware database, and I am sure that Fedora will have one as well. I had
    similar problems with the mouse under Mandriva 2007 beta, and once with
    Ubuntu. I am running an Athlon, but that shouldn't make any difference.
    Michael's suggestion seems to be the best.

    Doug (Using Mandriva.)
    Registered Linux user.
    --
    The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes
    an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.

+ Reply to Thread