Knopix 5.0.1: Customising - Setup

This is a discussion on Knopix 5.0.1: Customising - Setup ; Each time I boot up the Knoppix 'Live CD' (for backup purposes) I have to customise various things (keyboard layout (UK), Date format, etc.) and I am wondering if there is a way to preserve these selections (on my external ...

  1. Knopix 5.0.1: Customising

    Each time I boot up the Knoppix 'Live CD' (for backup purposes) I have to
    customise various things (keyboard layout (UK), Date format, etc.) and I
    am wondering if there is a way to preserve these selections (on my
    external backup drive, for example) and for Knoppix to pick them up when
    it boots.

    Is there such a facility in there somewhere?
    --
    Maurice Batey
    (Retired in Surrey, UK)

  2. Re: Knopix 5.0.1: Customising

    Maurice Batey wrote:
    > Each time I boot up the Knoppix 'Live CD' (for backup purposes) I have to
    > customise various things (keyboard layout (UK), Date format, etc.) and I
    > am wondering if there is a way to preserve these selections (on my
    > external backup drive, for example) and for Knoppix to pick them up when
    > it boots.
    >
    > Is there such a facility in there somewhere?

    Hello Maurice, what you need to look at is having a persistent boot
    image. This will save a small image of your session and allow it to be
    referenced next time you boot. This can be saved to your HD,thumb drive
    or if I remember correctly even a CF card. Very handy.

    Mike WN5PMR

  3. Re: Knopix 5.0.1: Customising

    On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:57:11 +0000, mike sullivan wrote:

    > what you need to look at is having a persistent boot
    > image.

    Thanks for the pointer, Mike. All sorted...

    --
    Maurice Batey

  4. Re: Knopix 5.0.1: Customising

    Maurice Batey wrote:
    > On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:57:11 +0000, mike sullivan wrote:
    >
    >> what you need to look at is having a persistent boot
    >> image.

    > Thanks for the pointer, Mike. All sorted...

    glad to have been of help Maurice. Enjoy.

    Mike WN5PMR

+ Reply to Thread