Unable to boot linux - Setup

This is a discussion on Unable to boot linux - Setup ; hi i have AMd processor with 1.75g speed and 256 RAm.. i am using 80gb hard disk in that i am already installed WIndows xp which occupied 70gb and remaining 10 Gb i have left free.. ANd i have installed ...

  1. Unable to boot linux

    hi

    i have AMd processor with 1.75g speed and 256 RAm.. i am using 80gb
    hard disk in that i am already installed WIndows xp which occupied 70gb
    and remaining 10 Gb i have left free.. ANd i have installed linux with
    only two partitions.. coz it accepting only two partitions either / and
    swap or / and /boot.... it is installed but it is not booting.. it iwll
    boot till some part and stops near
    Finding dependencies modules... there after it wont boot.... any one
    can help in this regard......

  2. Re: Unable to boot linux

    "Kiran Kumar" wrote in message
    news:1161198277.788214.231900@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > hi
    >
    > i have AMd processor with 1.75g speed and 256 RAm.. i am using 80gb
    > hard disk in that i am already installed WIndows xp which occupied 70gb
    > and remaining 10 Gb i have left free.. ANd i have installed linux with
    > only two partitions.. coz it accepting only two partitions either / and
    > swap or / and /boot.... it is installed but it is not booting.. it iwll
    > boot till some part and stops near
    > Finding dependencies modules... there after it wont boot.... any one
    > can help in this regard......

    What distro did you use for the install?

    charles.....

  3. Re: Unable to boot linux

    Kiran Kumar wrote:
    > i have AMd processor with 1.75g speed and 256 RAm.. i am using 80gb
    > hard disk in that i am already installed WIndows xp which occupied 70gb
    > and remaining 10 Gb i have left free.. ANd i have installed linux with
    > only two partitions.. coz it accepting only two partitions either / and
    > swap or / and /boot.... it is installed but it is not booting.. it iwll
    > boot till some part and stops near
    > Finding dependencies modules... there after it wont boot.... any one
    > can help in this regard......

    I cannot make sense of what you are doing. You should have simply partitioned
    the disk and told the install program to do its thing on the 10gB partition. It
    should have then created all the linux partitions on that HD partition.

    --
    Blaming Jews for the actions of Israel is the new blood libel.
    -- The Iron Webmaster, 3710

  4. Re: Unable to boot linux

    Kiran Kumar wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > i have AMd processor with 1.75g speed and 256 RAm.. i am using 80gb
    > hard disk in that i am already installed WIndows xp which occupied 70gb
    > and remaining 10 Gb i have left free.. ANd i have installed linux with
    > only two partitions.. coz it accepting only two partitions either / and
    > swap or / and /boot.... it is installed but it is not booting.. it iwll
    > boot till some part and stops near
    > Finding dependencies modules... there after it wont boot.... any one
    > can help in this regard......

    In my other post I meant created a Logical partition as with parted or some
    other tool and then install on that logical partition. It reads like you tried
    to create the linux partitions by hand. You do not do that.

    --
    Blaming Jews for the actions of Israel is the new blood libel.
    -- The Iron Webmaster, 3710
    Mission Accomplished http://www.giwersworld.org/opinion/mission.phtml a12

+ Reply to Thread