How to enable mod_ssl on a running Apache server - Setup

This is a discussion on How to enable mod_ssl on a running Apache server - Setup ; I installed Apache 2.2 with DSO and APXS. In other words when I do httpd -l I see mod_so listed. Now I want to enable mod_ssl. I know mod_ssl comes in the httpd tarball. How do I enable it after ...

  1. How to enable mod_ssl on a running Apache server

    I installed Apache 2.2 with DSO and APXS. In other words when I do
    httpd -l I see mod_so listed.
    Now I want to enable mod_ssl. I know mod_ssl comes in the httpd
    tarball.
    How do I enable it after the fact? I read somewhere that because I
    installed mod_so it is possible to add additional modules after the
    installation with out needing ./configure Enable-options again.
    Please comment.
    Thanks,
    ipy2006

  2. Re: How to enable mod_ssl on a running Apache server

    I believe you need to configure and remake httpd.

    On Oct 16, 5:33 pm, "ipy2006" wrote:
    > I installed Apache 2.2 with DSO and APXS. In other words when I do
    > httpd -l I see mod_so listed.
    > Now I want to enable mod_ssl. I know mod_ssl comes in the httpd
    > tarball.
    > How do I enable it after the fact? I read somewhere that because I
    > installed mod_so it is possible to add additional modules after the
    > installation with out needing ./configure Enable-options again.
    > Please comment.
    > Thanks,
    > ipy2006

  3. Re: How to enable mod_ssl on a running Apache server

    On 2006-10-17, ipy2006 wrote:
    > I installed Apache 2.2 with DSO and APXS. In other words when I do
    > httpd -l I see mod_so listed.
    > Now I want to enable mod_ssl. I know mod_ssl comes in the httpd
    > tarball.
    > How do I enable it after the fact? I read somewhere that because I
    > installed mod_so it is possible to add additional modules after the
    > installation with out needing ./configure Enable-options again.

    Edit the htpd.conf file and restart httpd.

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson, author |
    2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

+ Reply to Thread