looking for internet radio app. - Setup

This is a discussion on looking for internet radio app. - Setup ; Hi all. I'm looking for a application that will allow me to listen to Internet radio. Ability to record would be an added plus. I use Ubuntu....

  1. looking for internet radio app.

    Hi all.

    I'm looking for a application that will allow me to listen to Internet
    radio. Ability to record would be an added plus. I use Ubuntu.

  2. Re: looking for internet radio app.

    The guy upstairs wrote:

    > Hi all.
    >
    > I'm looking for a application that will allow me to listen to Internet
    > radio. Ability to record would be an added plus. I use Ubuntu.

    Amarok, xmms, vlc, mplayer, all of these will play radio streams and all are
    available in the ubuntu repos. Try streamripper if you want to record.
    --
    He who would be a man, must be a nonconformist. --Emerson

  3. Re: looking for internet radio app.

    On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:10:52 -0500, The guy upstairs wrote:

    > Hi all.
    >
    > I'm looking for a application that will allow me to listen to Internet
    > radio. Ability to record would be an added plus. I use Ubuntu.

    Streamtuner

    Dave

  4. Re: looking for internet radio app.

    The guy upstairs wrote:
    > I'm looking for a application that will allow me to listen to Internet
    > radio.

    I'm happy with streamtuner:

    Suggests: streamripper, yelp
    Streamtuner is a stream directory browser. It offers an
    intuitive and unified interface to various streaming
    directories through the use of a C/Python plugin system.

+ Reply to Thread