CD drive not working - Setup

This is a discussion on CD drive not working - Setup ; Hi all, I am using redhat 9 workstation and I do not know much about linux.When I boot linux and mount CD using "mount /mnt/cdrom" the computer stops working and keyboard , mouse all become inactive.Previously I used the same ...

  1. CD drive not working

    Hi all,
    I am using redhat 9 workstation and I do not know much about
    linux.When I boot linux and mount CD using "mount /mnt/cdrom" the
    computer stops working and keyboard , mouse all become
    inactive.Previously I used the same command it worked fine.What could
    be the reason?Should I reinstall Linux again?
    Thanks in advance.
    Krishna V.J.

  2. Re: CD drive not working

    Hi

    Dont worry just check it out your connections are good. and retry
    again

    kkrish wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I am using redhat 9 workstation and I do not know much about
    > linux.When I boot linux and mount CD using "mount /mnt/cdrom" the
    > computer stops working and keyboard , mouse all become
    > inactive.Previously I used the same command it worked fine.What could
    > be the reason?Should I reinstall Linux again?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Krishna V.J.

  3. Re: CD drive not working

    Muruganantham wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Dont worry just check it out your connections are good. and retry
    > again
    >
    > kkrish wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > > I am using redhat 9 workstation and I do not know much about
    > > linux.When I boot linux and mount CD using "mount /mnt/cdrom" the
    > > computer stops working and keyboard , mouse all become
    > > inactive.Previously I used the same command it worked fine.What could
    > > be the reason?Should I reinstall Linux again?
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > > Krishna V.J.

    Hi Muruganantham,
    Thanks , I would try.