How to enable thread-local storage? - Setup

This is a discussion on How to enable thread-local storage? - Setup ; How does one enable thread-local storage? I'm in the process of adding an updated glibc to my system (with prefix /usr/local/glibc2.4/, so not to break anything using the old glibc that came with this redhat box.) First, I had to ...

  1. How to enable thread-local storage?

    How does one enable thread-local storage?

    I'm in the process of adding an updated glibc to my system (with prefix
    /usr/local/glibc2.4/, so not to break anything using the old glibc that
    came with this redhat box.)

    First, I had to get the newest GCC, version 4.1.1, so I compiled it with
    this configure line:

    ../gcc/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc4 --enable-threads=posix

    It built, and make install then succeeded and from there, I went to
    build glibc 2.4:

    ../glibc-2.4/configure --prefix=/usr/local/glibc2.4 --enable-addons
    CC=/usr/local/gcc4/bin/gcc

    In the the middle of the "checking" list I noticed "checking for
    __thread... no" but it keeps going until this:

    checking for __thread... no

  2. Re: How to enable thread-local storage?

    Stan R. wrote:
    [...]

    Please don't multipost (post the same question in more than one newsgroup).

    I wrote an answer in comp.os.linux.misc

    Laurenz Albe

  3. Re: How to enable thread-local storage?

    Laurenz Albe wrote:
    > Stan R. wrote:
    > [...]
    >
    > Please don't multipost (post the same question in more than one
    > newsgroup).
    >
    > I wrote an answer in comp.os.linux.misc
    >
    > Laurenz Albe

    Sorry I've been having problems with my news server (it keeps telling me
    the posting failed, never saw it show up, so I tried another group
    (sorry), got same results, and low and behold they both show up today...
    normally it shows up with in 5 minutes... oh well. My apologies.

    --
    Stan

+ Reply to Thread