mount: RPC: program not registered - Setup

This is a discussion on mount: RPC: program not registered - Setup ; Hallo, I'm trying to set up an nfs server. Operating system is SlackWare 10.2. When I try to mount the exported directory on another system, I get the error: mount: RPC: program not registered. I have not been able to ...

  1. mount: RPC: program not registered

    Hallo,

    I'm trying to set up an nfs server. Operating system is SlackWare 10.2.
    When I try to mount the exported directory on another system, I get the
    error:
    mount: RPC: program not registered.
    I have not been able to find out what I did wrong. Probably it's something
    very trivial.
    Somebody, please help me!

    Groeten,

    Hans.

    jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt xs4all punt nl

  2. Re: mount: RPC: program not registered

    Johannes Beekhuizen wrote:
    > Hallo,
    >
    > I'm trying to set up an nfs server. Operating system is SlackWare 10.2.
    > When I try to mount the exported directory on another system, I get the
    > error:
    > mount: RPC: program not registered.
    > I have not been able to find out what I did wrong. Probably it's something
    > very trivial.
    > Somebody, please help me!
    >
    > Groeten,
    >
    > Hans.
    >
    > jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt xs4all punt nl

    Hi Johannes
    NFS needs RPC and RPC needs portmap. Chech that these are running with
    as processes. Check what services are using rpc with rpcinfo -p as root
    on the server, or rpcinfo -b servername as root on another host. Is nfs
    among them?

    If you are getting no joy from this try restarting these demons.
    service portmap restart
    service nfs restart

    Regards
    Steve

  3. Re: mount: RPC: program not registered

    Hallo Steve,

    Op 05 Oct 06 schreef S Smethurst aan All:

    >> mount: RPC: program not registered.

    SS> NFS needs RPC and RPC needs portmap. Chech that these are
    SS> running with as processes. Check what services are using rpc
    SS> with rpcinfo -p as root on the server, or rpcinfo -b servername
    SS> as root on another host. Is nfs among them?

    This all seemed to be ok. I compared the system with the problems [A]
    and another one where I *could* connect to [B]. Running rpcinfo -p "A"
    gives the message: No programs registered.
    In the meantime I upgraded A from Slacxkware 10.2 to 11.0, and now it
    works perfectly well.
    But I still would like to know what was wrong...

    Groeten,

    Hans.

    jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt xs4all punt nl

+ Reply to Thread