libselinux - Setup

This is a discussion on libselinux - Setup ; I am trying to install libselinux onto a SuSE 10.1 laptop. It compalins that it cannot find a provider for textinfo. I then downloaded and tried to install textinfo and it complained that there was no provider for libselinux. Catch ...

  1. libselinux

    I am trying to install libselinux onto a SuSE 10.1 laptop. It compalins that
    it cannot find a provider for textinfo. I then downloaded and tried to
    install textinfo and it complained that there was no provider for
    libselinux. Catch 22 or am I missing something here?

  2. Re: libselinux

    On Sat, 6 Oct 2007, Andrew Madsen wrote:-

    >I am trying to install libselinux onto a SuSE 10.1 laptop. It compalins that
    >it cannot find a provider for textinfo. I then downloaded and tried to
    >install textinfo and it complained that there was no provider for
    >libselinux. Catch 22 or am I missing something here?

    If you're installing using the command line, add the --nodeps option and
    it will ignore dependencies. Once they're installed, open YaST, go into
    the software management and check the dependencies again.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 100 Mnodes/s: www.distributed.net
    RISC OS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit

  3. Re: libselinux

    Andrew Madsen wrote:
    > I am trying to install onto a SuSE 10.1 laptop. It compalins that
    > it cannot find a provider for textinfo. I then downloaded and tried to
    > install textinfo and it complained that there was no provider for
    > libselinux. Catch 22 or am I missing something here?

    Load them both an once. E.g.,

    rpm -Uvh libselinux....rpm textinfo....rpm

    ^^-^^ 11:45:02 up 7 days, 2:30, 2 users, load average: 5.48, 5.16, 5.11

  4. Re: libselinux

    "David Bolt" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 6 Oct 2007, Andrew Madsen wrote:-
    >
    >>I am trying to install libselinux onto a SuSE 10.1 laptop. It compalins
    >>that
    >>it cannot find a provider for textinfo. I then downloaded and tried to
    >>install textinfo and it complained that there was no provider for
    >>libselinux. Catch 22 or am I missing something here?

    > If you're installing using the command line, add the --nodeps option and
    > it will ignore dependencies. Once they're installed, open YaST, go into
    > the software management and check the dependencies again.
    >

    > Regards,
    > David Bolt
    >
    > --
    > Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 100 Mnodes/s: www.distributed.net
    > RISC OS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2
    > 32bit
    > RISC OS 3.6 | SUSE 10.0 64bit | SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2
    > 64bit
    > TOS 4.02 | SUSE 9.3 32bit | | openSUSE 10.3
    > 32bit

    This was a no-go it still did not install nor appear in YaST or YaST2 I ran
    the command using -vv and then plucked the bz2 file form the SOURCES
    directory. I extracted all that and ran:

    make
    make install

    and that didn't work either.

  5. Re: libselinux

    "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
    > Andrew Madsen wrote:
    >> I am trying to install onto a SuSE 10.1 laptop. It compalins that
    >> it cannot find a provider for textinfo. I then downloaded and tried to
    >> install textinfo and it complained that there was no provider for
    >> libselinux. Catch 22 or am I missing something here?
    >>

    > Load them both an once. E.g.,
    >
    > rpm -Uvh libselinux....rpm textinfo....rpm
    >
    > --
    > .~. Jean-David Beyer Registered Linux User 85642.
    > /V\ PGP-Key: 9A2FC99A Registered Machine 241939.
    > /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey http://counter.li.org
    > ^^-^^ 11:45:02 up 7 days, 2:30, 2 users, load average: 5.48, 5.16, 5.11

    No good on this either.

  6. Re: libselinux

    Andrew Madsen wrote:

    > I am trying to install libselinux onto a SuSE 10.1 laptop. It compalins
    > that it cannot find a provider for textinfo. I then downloaded and tried
    > to install textinfo and it complained that there was no provider for
    > libselinux. Catch 22 or am I missing something here?

    I thought selinux was RedHat's feel good warm and fuzzy app whereas OpenSuSE
    has Novell AppArmor as their feel good warm and fuzzy app? IMO, both are
    garbage.

    Dave

  7. Re: libselinux

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:57:46 +0000, Andrew Madsen typed this message:

    > "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
    >> Andrew Madsen wrote:
    >>> I am trying to install onto a SuSE 10.1 laptop. It compalins that it
    >>> cannot find a provider for textinfo. I then downloaded and tried to
    >>> install textinfo and it complained that there was no provider for
    >>> libselinux. Catch 22 or am I missing something here?
    >>>

    >> Load them both an once. E.g.,
    >>
    >> rpm -Uvh libselinux....rpm textinfo....rpm
    >>
    >> --
    >> .~. Jean-David Beyer Registered Linux User 85642. /V\
    >> PGP-Key: 9A2FC99A Registered Machine 241939.
    >> /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey http://counter.li.org ^^-^^ 11:45:02 up
    >> 7 days, 2:30, 2 users, load average: 5.48, 5.16, 5.11

    > No good on this either.

    Maybe you need the textinfo.devel.*rpm ? Correct versions? What error
    messages?

    OT: How does that area of NJ and Long Branch look these days? Haven't
    been down that way in about 7yrs.

  8. Re: libselinux

    noi ance wrote:
    > On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:57:46 +0000, Andrew Madsen typed this message:
    >
    >> "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Load them both an once. E.g.,
    >>>
    >>> rpm -Uvh libselinux....rpm textinfo....rpm
    >>>

    > Maybe you need the textinfo.devel.*rpm ? Correct versions? What error
    > messages?
    >
    > OT: How does that area of NJ and Long Branch look these days? Haven't
    > been down that way in about 7yrs.

    Politically, it seems to be deteriorating along with the rest of the
    country. Eminent domain is being used to displace low-income people to
    permit private development to raise the tax base. The displaced people are
    hoped to disappear.

    It is getting warmer. I cannot remember if it snowed last winter. I think it
    did once. In the 1970s it would get 3 feet deep sometimes. Now you can
    remove it with a broom, and I do not mean a magic one.

    ^^-^^ 08:40:01 up 16:16, 1 user, load average: 5.16, 4.77, 4.37

  9. Re: libselinux

    > noi ance wrote:
    >> On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:57:46 +0000, Andrew Madsen typed this message:
    >>
    >>> "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message

    >> Maybe you need the textinfo.devel.*rpm ? Correct versions? What error
    >> messages?
    >>
    >> OT: How does that area of NJ and Long Branch look these days? Haven't
    >> been down that way in about 7yrs.

    > Politically, it seems to be deteriorating along with the rest of the
    > country. Eminent domain is being used to displace low-income people to
    > permit private development to raise the tax base. The displaced people are
    > hoped to disappear.
    >
    > It is getting warmer. I cannot remember if it snowed last winter. I think
    > it
    > did once. In the 1970s it would get 3 feet deep sometimes. Now you can
    > remove it with a broom, and I do not mean a magic one.
    >
    > --
    > .~. Jean-David Beyer Registered Linux User 85642.
    > /V\ PGP-Key: 9A2FC99A Registered Machine 241939.
    > /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey http://counter.li.org
    > ^^-^^ 08:40:01 up 16:16, 1 user, load average: 5.16, 4.77, 4.37

    I gave up and loaded rxvt instead of multi-gnome-terminal which was what
    prompted trying to get libselinux loaded anyway. Thanks for all the help

  10. Re: libselinux

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 12:46:46 +0000, Jean-David Beyer typed this message:

    > noi ance wrote:
    >> On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:57:46 +0000, Andrew Madsen typed this message:
    >>
    >>> "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message

    >> Maybe you need the textinfo.devel.*rpm ? Correct versions? What
    >> error messages?
    >>
    >> OT: How does that area of NJ and Long Branch look these days?
    >> Haven't been down that way in about 7yrs.

    > Politically, it seems to be deteriorating along with the rest of the
    > country. Eminent domain is being used to displace low-income people to
    > permit private development to raise the tax base. The displaced people
    > are hoped to disappear.
    >
    > It is getting warmer. I cannot remember if it snowed last winter. I
    > think it did once. In the 1970s it would get 3 feet deep sometimes. Now
    > you can remove it with a broom, and I do not mean a magic one.

    Thanks.

    I really miss Kellys in "Avon-by-the-Sea"/Belmar.

+ Reply to Thread