ADVERT: Secure communications - Security

This is a discussion on ADVERT: Secure communications - Security ; C12-GAMMA; a free/open-source E-mail security and file encryption tool for BSD/Linux: http://www.leopard.uk.com/cion [ probably the most important cryptography software ever written; because it contains the CipherPacket source-code/algorithm ]...

  1. ADVERT: Secure communications

    C12-GAMMA; a free/open-source E-mail security and file encryption
    tool for BSD/Linux:

    http://www.leopard.uk.com/cion

    [ probably the most important cryptography software ever written;
    because it contains the CipherPacket source-code/algorithm ]

  2. Re: ADVERT: Secure communications

    robin_carey5@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > C12-GAMMA; a free/open-source E-mail security and file encryption
    > tool for BSD/Linux:
    >

    > http://www.leopard.uk.com/cion
    >
    > [ probably the most important cryptography software ever written;
    > because it contains the CipherPacket source-code/algorithm ]

    [ And, once again, I'll post my commentary about this idiot: he's been
    posting this cruft every month, for years now. He does list Linux directly in
    the first paragraph, although there remains no evidence that anyone uses it
    on Linux, so I'll yank one former snarky comment. ]

    Oh, ghod, this idiot is back?

    It's an email encryption package which frankly no one else uses, and is
    integrated into *no* available email clients or servers.

    He's been doing this for years: the frontpage for his software lies
    about the license, which he claims "may not be used for terrorism" but
    in fact makes no restrictions on using it for any illegal purpose. It
    just swears that it's not hte author's fault or problem. His tarball
    is misnamed (it doesn't match the name of hte directory it contains),

    He somehow thinks it's going to replace PGP. You used to have to dig wildly
    through the source code to figure out what the heck it is: he seems to have
    finally admitted what it is on the front page, which I suppose is an
    improvement. He then spends pages talking about security issues which have
    nothing, in fact, to do with his software, and which his software does not
    address. (Keystroke monitoring, CRT monitoring, etc.)

    It's a tecnical "solution" for a set of problems it does not actually solve.

+ Reply to Thread