ADVERT: Secure communications - Security

This is a discussion on ADVERT: Secure communications - Security ; C12-GAMMA; a free/open-source E-mail security and file encryption tool for BSD/Linux: http://www.leopard.uk.com/cion [ probably the most important cryptography software ever written; because it contains the CipherPacket source-code/algorithm ]...

  1. ADVERT: Secure communications

    C12-GAMMA; a free/open-source E-mail security and file encryption
    tool for BSD/Linux:

    http://www.leopard.uk.com/cion

    [ probably the most important cryptography software ever written;
    because it contains the CipherPacket source-code/algorithm ]

  2. Re: ADVERT: Secure communications

    robin_carey5@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > C12-GAMMA; a free/open-source E-mail security and file encryption
    > tool for BSD/Linux:
    >

    > http://www.leopard.uk.com/cion
    >
    > [ probably the most important cryptography software ever written;
    > because it contains the CipherPacket source-code/algorithm ]

    [ And, once again, I'll post my commentary about this idiot: he's been
    posting this cruft every month, for years now. He does not list Linux directly
    in the first paragraph, although there remains no evidence that no one uses it
    on Linux, so I'll yank one snarky comment. ]

    Oh, ghod, this idiot is back?

    He's been doing this for years: the frontpage for his software lies
    about the license, which he claims "may not be used for terrorism" but
    in fact makes no restrictions on using it for any illegal purpose. It
    just swears that it's not hte author's fault or problem. His tarball
    is misnames (it doesn't match the name of hte directory it contains),

    He somehow thinks it's going to replace PGP, but you have to go
    digging through the source code and documentation unavailable at his
    website to figure out what it actually *IS*. He then spends pages
    talking about security issues which have nothing, in fact, to do with
    his software. (Keystroke monitoring, CRT monitoring, etc.)

+ Reply to Thread