OSX pam.d installing pam_listfile.so - Security

This is a discussion on OSX pam.d installing pam_listfile.so - Security ; Hi all, Sorry this isn't related to a normal linux distro. The OSX implementation of pam.d is missing the pam_listfiles module and I am struggling to work out how to install it. Some other modules have been made with a ...

  1. OSX pam.d installing pam_listfile.so

    Hi all,

    Sorry this isn't related to a normal linux distro. The OSX implementation of
    pam.d is missing the pam_listfiles module and I am struggling to work out
    how to install it.
    Some other modules have been made with a makefile to allow installation on
    OSX however the listfiles module seems to be a key component of most pam
    distributions.
    Is there a complete version of pam that is correctly configured for
    installation on OSX?

    Can anyone advise to how this could be done?

    Regards,

    John

  2. Re: OSX pam.d installing pam_listfile.so

    On 2008-06-05, John wrote:

    > Sorry this isn't related to a normal linux distro. The OSX implementation of
    > pam.d is missing the pam_listfiles module and I am struggling to work out
    > how to install it.

    It's not related to *any* linux distro. Try asking in a PAM group/list.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)