cannot restore segment prot after reloc - Security

This is a discussion on cannot restore segment prot after reloc - Security ; Hi All, While starting Apache2 (with third party libraries installed) on Redhat Enterprise Linux 5, I am getting errors like, /sample/thirdpartylib.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied. On google-ing for these error messages, I found following command to ...

  1. cannot restore segment prot after reloc

    Hi All,

    While starting Apache2 (with third party libraries installed) on
    Redhat Enterprise Linux 5, I am getting errors like,

    /sample/thirdpartylib.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc:
    Permission denied.

    On google-ing for these error messages, I found following command
    to resolve the issue,

    'chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /sample/thirdpartylib.so', which works in my
    environment.

    However, I am not able to understand the meaning of different
    arguments to 'chcon' command.

    Can anybody explain to me what 'texrel_shlib_t' argument means?

    Thanks,
    Satish

  2. Re: cannot restore segment prot after reloc

    On May 28, 4:05 pm, Satish wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > While starting Apache2 (with third party libraries installed) on
    > Redhat Enterprise Linux 5, I am getting errors like,
    >
    > /sample/thirdpartylib.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc:
    > Permission denied.
    >
    > On google-ing for these error messages, I found following command
    > to resolve the issue,
    >
    > 'chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /sample/thirdpartylib.so', which works in my
    > environment.
    >
    > However, I am not able to understand the meaning of different
    > arguments to 'chcon' command.
    >
    > Can anybody explain to me what 'texrel_shlib_t' argument means?

    Its the new context - go read up on MAC and SELinux.

    C.

+ Reply to Thread