GUIs for Cisco VPN client for Linux - Security

This is a discussion on GUIs for Cisco VPN client for Linux - Security ; Per a request from one of our users that just bought an Eee PC, I downloaded and installed the Cisco VPN client for Linux (4.8.01.0640 is the current version). Before doing the work on the Eee PC, I downloaded a ...

  1. GUIs for Cisco VPN client for Linux

    Per a request from one of our users that just bought an Eee PC, I
    downloaded and installed the Cisco VPN client for Linux (4.8.01.0640 is
    the current version). Before doing the work on the Eee PC, I downloaded a
    trial of Xandros Desktop Pro 4.2, installed it on an older Pentium III
    Dell w/ 256MB RAM, installed the kernel source and GCC, and ran the
    installer. I already have a PCF file from the OS X and Win32 installers
    I've built and that worked perfectly. What I'm wondering now is, since
    this is a CLI only client, has anyone tried any of the various GUI
    add-ons, esp. on Xandros, another Debian based distro, or the Eee PC's
    custom Xandros build?

    The first one I'm considering is KVpnc: http://home.gna.org/kvpnc
    I'd also like to try a Gnome tool at home on my openSUSE box but it looks
    like gvpn-dialer is a bit out of date. Is it still viable? Are there any
    others I should look at? I don't mind compiling from source but having
    RPMs or .debs are nice, too.

    Much thanks,
    Gary

  2. Re: GUIs for Cisco VPN client for Linux

    On 21 Feb, 03:07, Gary wrote:
    > Per a request from one of our users that just bought an Eee PC, I
    > downloaded and installed the Cisco VPN client for Linux (4.8.01.0640 is
    > the current version). Before doing the work on the Eee PC, I downloaded a
    > trial of Xandros Desktop Pro 4.2, installed it on an older Pentium III
    > Dell w/ 256MB RAM, installed the kernel source and GCC, and ran the
    > installer. I already have a PCF file from the OS X and Win32 installers
    > I've built and that worked perfectly. What I'm wondering now is, since
    > this is a CLI only client, has anyone tried any of the various GUI
    > add-ons, esp. on Xandros, another Debian based distro, or the Eee PC's
    > custom Xandros build?
    >
    > The first one I'm considering is KVpnc:http://home.gna.org/kvpnc
    > I'd also like to try a Gnome tool at home on my openSUSE box but it looks
    > like gvpn-dialer is a bit out of date. Is it still viable? Are there any
    > others I should look at? I don't mind compiling from source but having
    > RPMs or .debs are nice, too.
    >
    > Much thanks,
    > Gary

    http://secure-vpn.com/

    I bought a yearly VPN it works great

    Mac WIN XP/Vista compatibility..
    3 Server USA-CANADA-Germany Best Speed and very low price!
    They sent me these links after i bought VPN you can see tutorials and
    buy from this page:
    http://secure-vpn.com/monthly.html
    Windows XP/Vista Setup Flash Tutorial :
    http://secure-vpn.com/PPTP-L2TP.rar