Dell Releases High-End Laptop with Ubuntu - Security

This is a discussion on Dell Releases High-End Laptop with Ubuntu - Security ; http://www.linuxforums.net.cn/index.php There have been plenty of low-end Linux systems available lately: the ASUS Eee PC, Everex gPC, Everex Cloudbook, Dell's Ubuntu computers, and others. But this one is definitely high-end. The XPS with Ubuntu features a Intel Core 2 Duo ...

  1. Dell Releases High-End Laptop with Ubuntu

    http://www.linuxforums.net.cn/index.php

    There have been plenty of low-end Linux systems available lately: the
    ASUS Eee PC, Everex gPC, Everex Cloudbook, Dell's Ubuntu computers,
    and others. But this one is definitely high-end. The XPS with Ubuntu
    features a Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, a SSD option, 13.3 inch 1280800
    pixel display, Nvidia or Intel graphics, and up to 4 GB of memory.

    Ubuntu 7.10 is preinstalled along with LinDVD and Adobe Flash.

    The XPS M1330 is available with Ubuntu in Europe now, and in the US
    early February.

  2. Re: Dell Releases High-End Laptop with Ubuntu

    On Feb 12, 7:17*pm, "qwei...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > http://www.linuxforums.net.cn/index.php
    >
    > There have been plenty of low-end Linux systems available lately: the
    > ASUS Eee PC, Everex gPC, Everex Cloudbook, Dell's Ubuntu computers,
    > and others. But this one is definitely high-end. The XPS with Ubuntu
    > features a Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, a SSD option, 13.3 inch 1280800
    > pixel display, Nvidia or Intel graphics, and up to 4 GB of memory.
    >
    > Ubuntu 7.10 is preinstalled along with LinDVD and Adobe Flash.
    >
    > The XPS M1330 is available with Ubuntu in Europe now, and in the US
    > early February.

    I don't know about anybody else but I am pretty excited about the XPS
    M1330 coming to the US.

+ Reply to Thread