Can a simple user can enforce his/her security constraints inSELINUX??? - Security

This is a discussion on Can a simple user can enforce his/her security constraints inSELINUX??? - Security ; i am recently started working on SELinux. I want to enforce a simple security structure, like there are three users(say user1,user2,user3) in a group(grp1). The user1 creates some file say file1. user1 wants to grant it's access to user2 but ...

  1. Can a simple user can enforce his/her security constraints inSELINUX???

    i am recently started working on SELinux. I want to enforce a simple
    security structure, like there are three users(say user1,user2,user3)
    in a group(grp1). The user1 creates some file say file1. user1 wants
    grant it's access to user2 but not to user3. My question is this can
    this type of security model be implemented without root previleges?

  2. Re: Can a simple user can enforce his/her security constraints inSELINUX???

    matrixdipu wrote:
    > i am recently started working on SELinux. I want to enforce a simple
    > security structure, like there are three users(say user1,user2,user3)
    > in a group(grp1). The user1 creates some file say file1. user1 wants
    > grant it's access to user2 but not to user3. My question is this can
    > this type of security model be implemented without root previleges?

    i think POSIX ACL's can be used for this

  3. Re: Can a simple user can enforce his/her security constraints inSELINUX???

    On Feb 9, 2:13 am, goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be">
    wrote:
    > matrixdipu wrote:
    > > i am recently started working on SELinux. I want to enforce a simple
    > > security structure, like there are three users(say user1,user2,user3)
    > > in a group(grp1). The user1 creates some file say file1. user1 wants
    > > grant it's access to user2 but not to user3. My question is this can
    > > this type of security model be implemented without root previleges?

    > i think POSIX ACL's can be used for this

    Thanx for the reply.

    Is there any way to enforce strict policy in RHEL 4? or to customize
    policies that
    work like strict policy????

  4. Re: Can a simple user can enforce his/her security constraints inSELINUX???

    matrixdipu wrote:
    > On Feb 9, 2:13 am, goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be">
    > wrote:
    >> matrixdipu wrote:
    >>> i am recently started working on SELinux. I want to enforce a simple
    >>> security structure, like there are three users(say user1,user2,user3)
    >>> in a group(grp1). The user1 creates some file say file1. user1 wants
    >>> grant it's access to user2 but not to user3. My question is this can
    >>> this type of security model be implemented without root previleges?

    >> i think POSIX ACL's can be used for this

    > Thanx for the reply.
    >
    > Is there any way to enforce strict policy in RHEL 4? or to customize
    > policies that
    > work like strict policy????

    Have you looked at SElinux ?

+ Reply to Thread