Re: Linux CD's or DVD's - Security

This is a discussion on Re: Linux CD's or DVD's - Security ; Heike wrote: > Isn't every Linux distribution free by the terms of the GNU license? No. Most Linux distributions contain some stuff that is not licensed under a GPL compatible license. Florian -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ** Hi! I'm a signature virus! ...

  1. Re: Linux CD's or DVD's

    Heike wrote:

    > Isn't every Linux distribution free by the terms of the GNU license?

    No. Most Linux distributions contain some stuff that is not licensed
    under a GPL compatible license.

    Florian

  2. Re: Linux CD's or DVD's

    Florian Diesch wrote:
    > Heike wrote:
    >

    >>Isn't every Linux distribution free by the terms of the GNU license?

    > No. Most Linux distributions contain some stuff that is not licensed
    > under a GPL compatible license.
    >

    > Florian

    In terms of the GPL, you are right, of course, but you can install a
    suse distribution without the proprietary packages, for example, and
    have a system with free and open software.
    --
    Greetings
    Heike

+ Reply to Thread